On a scale of 1-10, rate the performance of the defense this season

morasp

Reaction score
9 against bad teams 6 against good teams. That's why when it looked like we might lose DQ I was fine either way. Good for him leveraging it into a bigger pay day though.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Great improvement but still way too many times they couldn’t make a stop and gave up several big plays.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I expected a 3. Micah and the interceptions boosted this to 6. Without turnovers we struggled to get off the field against average or better QB's down the stretch.

dckid

Reaction score
I would give them a 7. Outstanding at takeaways and much improved all around. Room to improve? Of course but headed in the right direction for sure.
7 for overall score, coming from last year a 10.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
On one hand, the team doesn't win 12 games without the turnovers the defense generated.

On the other hand, the team maybe advances in the playoffs if the defense could have gotten some pressure on JG and did a better job against the run.

Many of the same old problems are still there, somewhat hidden by Parsons making some plays and the turnovers.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

We've invested more high draft picks on offense than defense. I think the defense has overachieved, the offense underachieved.
If the offense had played according to its talent and potential, we'd have gone 15-2.

And say what you will, but the defense was outstanding in take-aways, something we've struggled with for quite some time.

We need to get stronger in the running game and reduce big plays, as well as get more pressure on the quarterback.

But, overall, I was very pleased with the defense, and, honestly, looked forward to the defense taking the field more than the offense.

Cmac

Reaction score
7. Surprisingly better, but untimely/unnecessary penalties (especially on 3rd/4th downs) and moments unable to kill some drives that required long yardage, keeps me from going higher.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
7. Solid year, above average play for most of the season. They were good enough to get this team to a Super Bowl. Offense let the team down at the end of the year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
they did their job and were miles better than how they were just a year ago.i would go with 8.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would give them a 7. Outstanding at takeaways and much improved all around. Room to improve? Of course but headed in the right direction for sure.
10. Still has some holes talent wise especially on the defensive line but has two elite talents in Parsons and Diggs that are only going to get better.

kevm3

Reaction score
8. The defense, if not getting turnovers against decent offensive teams, got scored on, but they usually start shoring up late in the game.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Great compared to last year, but overall, still very vulnerable, especially the front 7.

Ken

Reaction score

Lead the league in turnovers, that is pretty dang amazing. #7 in scoring defense is also very good.

Have to get better at stopping the run.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I would say 6 or 7. They were solid and very opportunistic, but they still allowed quite a few big chunk plays and a few letdowns.

One letdown example: The offense drives the field and scores towards the end of the Arizona game. Cardinals get the ball back. Here is a chance for the defense to make a stand and get the ball back to the offense. Nope! Let Arizona just drive right down the field and end the game.