ON THE CLOCK! 1st and 2nd Round

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Draft Needs - In order (My Opinion)
1) Left Guard - Need a starter - Assuming Tyler Smith stays at LT
2) Running Back - Tony Pollard needs a complement and is only on the Franchise Tag
3) Defensive Tackle - Assuming Hankins resigns still need depth and more certainty at the 1T
4) Tight End - Like the potential of Ferguson and Hendershot but would like someone with a different skill set
5) Cornerback - Set for next year but lots of decisions need to be made next off season
6) Safety - Same as above
7) Linebacker - Not much depth behind LVE and Clark but expect this could be filled in the 2nd wave of free agency

Thinking at the 26th spot. - Hoping anyone of these prospects will be available: Obvious picks that won't be available such as Will Anderson aren't included:
1st - Would love if either Skoronski or Broderick Jones would fall - both can play guard or tackle at a high level - Probably not going to happen
2nd - Will one of the elite corners fall to 26? - Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter Jr - Again probably not going to happen
3rd - Maybe not a pressing need but if Myles Murphy or JSM falls to 26 - they are to talented to pass up but again probably won't be available
Would be ecstatic if any of these seven fell to 26:

Players I would pass on at 26:

1) Lukas Van Ness - Seems to be a very polarizing player
2) Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison - Awesome prospects but Tackle seems set with Smith and Steele
3) Michael Mayer - Think he is an awesome traditional tight-end but is similar (Better) to the skill set already on the roster
4) Dalton Kincaid - Back injuries scare me!
5) Brian Bresee - Injury concerns and isn't an ideal 1T
6) Mazi Smith - Only a 2 down player - to rich at 26
7) Any WR besides JSM - we are set for the next 2 years with Lamb, Cooks and Gallup as the top 3
8) Nolan Smith - Love him but think he is to small for are system at 235

Players I would think about taking at 26 who have better then average chance of being available : Not is order again my opinion
1) Bijan Robinson - Generation talent - He fits a need and can control him for 6 year cheap with the franchise tag
2) Darnell Washington - Unique talent that brings a different skillset then the others
3) Brian Branch - Can play safety or corner at a high level and both positions will be needed in 24

Players I like but would hope we could trade down a couple of spots at pick up an extra 3rd round pick: Not is order again my opinion
1) Jahmyr Gibbs - I understand he is similar to Pollard but think there is a clear drop after the top 2 running backs
2) O'Cyrus Torrance - Need pick - starting LG - Tyler Smith and Torrance could solidify the left side for a decade
3) Steve Aliva - Again need pick but with a little more flexibly - Smith and Aliva - Decade

Players I would target in the 2nd - Don't like options in most draft simulations: Also depends on 1st round selection and who I think will be available:
1) Sam LaPorta - Don't see much of a difference between him and the top prospects
2) Cody Mauch - Like the player - might take a year to get stronger
3) Matt Bergeron - Tackle convert to Guard
4) Jaylon Johnson - Love the physicality of the player in the secondary
5) Keeanu Benton - 1T that dominated the senior bowl
6) Siaka Ika - 1T - Didn't test well is a concern but might be worth the risk
7) Jack Campbell - Awesome talent that can do it all at linebacker

Not worth going any farther because of the uncertainty of the draft and the fact that I'm not a draft expert!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas Cowboys Draft Needs - In order (My Opinion)
1) Left Guard - Need a starter - Assuming Tyler Smith stays at LT
2) Running Back - Tony Pollard needs a complement and is only on the Franchise Tag
3) Defensive Tackle - Assuming Hankins resigns still need depth and more certainty at the 1T
4) Tight End - Like the potential of Ferguson and Hendershot but would like someone with a different skill set
5) Cornerback - Set for next year but lots of decisions need to be made next off season
6) Safety - Same as above
7) Linebacker - Not much depth behind LVE and Clark but expect this could be filled in the 2nd wave of free agency

Thinking at the 26th spot. - Hoping anyone of these prospects will be available: Obvious picks that won't be available such as Will Anderson aren't included:
1st - Would love if either Skoronski or Broderick Jones would fall - both can play guard or tackle at a high level - Probably not going to happen
2nd - Will one of the elite corners fall to 26? - Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter Jr - Again probably not going to happen
3rd - Maybe not a pressing need but if Myles Murphy or JSM falls to 26 - they are to talented to pass up but again probably won't be available
Would be ecstatic if any of these seven fell to 26:

Players I would pass on at 26:

1) Lukas Van Ness - Seems to be a very polarizing player
2) Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison - Awesome prospects but Tackle seems set with Smith and Steele
3) Michael Mayer - Think he is an awesome traditional tight-end but is similar (Better) to the skill set already on the roster
4) Dalton Kincaid - Back injuries scare me!
5) Brian Bresee - Injury concerns and isn't an ideal 1T
6) Mazi Smith - Only a 2 down player - to rich at 26
7) Any WR besides JSM - we are set for the next 2 years with Lamb, Cooks and Gallup as the top 3
8) Nolan Smith - Love him but think he is to small for are system at 235

Players I would think about taking at 26 who have better then average chance of being available : Not is order again my opinion
1) Bijan Robinson - Generation talent - He fits a need and can control him for 6 year cheap with the franchise tag
2) Darnell Washington - Unique talent that brings a different skillset then the others
3) Brian Branch - Can play safety or corner at a high level and both positions will be needed in 24

Players I like but would hope we could trade down a couple of spots at pick up an extra 3rd round pick: Not is order again my opinion
1) Jahmyr Gibbs - I understand he is similar to Pollard but think there is a clear drop after the top 2 running backs
2) O'Cyrus Torrance - Need pick - starting LG - Tyler Smith and Torrance could solidify the left side for a decade
3) Steve Aliva - Again need pick but with a little more flexibly - Smith and Aliva - Decade

Players I would target in the 2nd - Don't like options in most draft simulations: Also depends on 1st round selection and who I think will be available:
1) Sam LaPorta - Don't see much of a difference between him and the top prospects
2) Cody Mauch - Like the player - might take a year to get stronger
3) Matt Bergeron - Tackle convert to Guard
4) Jaylon Johnson - Love the physicality of the player in the secondary
5) Keeanu Benton - 1T that dominated the senior bowl
6) Siaka Ika - 1T - Didn't test well is a concern but might be worth the risk
7) Jack Campbell - Awesome talent that can do it all at linebacker

Not worth going any farther because of the uncertainty of the draft and the fact that I'm not a draft expert!
People keep saying Gibbs is similar to Pollard. They are both fast, and thats about it

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am sorry but you seem to think we have the 6th pick instead of the 26th pick,i am 100% sure we dont have 26 guys with 1st RD grades.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I still insist that O'Cyrus Torrance is the best option, with him we could solidify the OL, and for me he would be the best option at pick 26, moving down in the draft would mean that the Bills or Eagles could take him before the Cowboys. since they also require a guard, and he is the only legitimate LG in this draft, there are only two positions that the Cowboys really require LG, and DT to stop the run, the others are not that important just to contemplate for the future, but today the focus should be on those two picks,

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldn't pass up notre dame te michael mayer if he's there at 26 and te is the target.
best of the group and would be our best te day1.

i wouldn't pass up georgia dawg nolan smith.
helluva player.
can never have enough of guys like that.

georgia ot broderick jones would be a home-run.
helluva player.

if its a cb...i'm hopin' for penn state's joey porter.
fits the quinn proto-type and is a good'n.

would love texas rb bijan robinson.
helluva weapon to add to the offense.

if mayer is off the board...and te is the target...i'll take georgia dawg darnell washington.
te with that kinda size would cause problems for the defense.

if mayer...robinson...jones...porter and smith are gone...i hope its iowa state's will mcdonald.
can't have enough pass rushers.

i'd think about arkansas LB drew sanders also....but i'd go mcdonald and move on to rd2.

Sydla

Reaction score
DT is a higher priority to me than TB. You can find TBs pretty much anywhere.

cowboyec

Reaction score
rd2 targets i'd like...
•isaiah foskey,de-notre dame
•zach harrison,de-ohio st
•eli ricks,cb-bama
•j brents, cb-kst
•charbonnet,rb-ucla
•la porta,te-iowa

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I am sorry but you seem to think we have the 6th pick instead of the 26th pick,i am 100% sure we dont have 26 guys with 1st RD grades.
Confused with what your saying- I don’t think we have the 6th - I don’t think we will get any of the seven mentioned but didn’t think we could get Lamb either.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort!

Btw, a "generation" means every 20-30 years.
So if Robinson is the best RB in 20-30 years, then feel free to use that insanely overused term "generational talent"
Your right it is overused but he seems to be the best prospect since Barkley.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I still insist that O'Cyrus Torrance is the best option, with him we could solidify the OL, and for me he would be the best option at pick 26, moving down in the draft would mean that the Bills or Eagles could take him before the Cowboys. since they also require a guard, and he is the only legitimate LG in this draft, there are only two positions that the Cowboys really require LG, and DT to stop the run, the others are not that important just to contemplate for the future, but today the focus should be on those two picks,
Agree but heard they might like Aliva better

morasp

Reaction score
I think people are sleeping on Jalin Hyatt, his acceleration out his route stem and deep ball tracking are real and you see it time again against good teams and I think NFL defenses would honor that which could open up the run and shorter passing game. If he's even he's leavin.

I just did a write up on Drew Sanders production versus some of the top edge rushers and the guy is a pressure player/playmaker that would be an outstanding compliment to Parsons

Just saw a mock draft that had the Eagles taking Robinson at 10 and my first thought was now we have to defend against that guy.

Schmitz has been falling to 58 on the simulator but he would still be a value pick as 26. Just watched him at the senior and he looks very good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Similar size, speed and receiving skills. Gibbs is a better prospect coming out of college but think they are comparable.
Pollard's receiving skills right now aren't anywhere close to Gibbs. Gibbs is more comparable to McCaffrey pr Kamara than he is Pollard

reddyuta

Reaction score
Confused with what your saying- I don’t think we have the 6th - I don’t think we will get any of the seven mentioned but didn’t think we could get Lamb either.
i am saying you want to pass on guys with some minor warts late in the first Rd.you wont get an ideal prospect at 26.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the effort!

Btw, a "generation" means every 20-30 years.
So if Robinson is the best RB in 20-30 years, then feel free to use that insanely overused term "generational talent"
In sports a generation is much shorter. The average NFL career is not 20 years...

Most people consider it 10 years.