on the muffed punt

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
did a steeler player touch the ball first? i could have sworn it hit a steeler in the foot or leg and then hit Battle.

dback

Reaction score
I do not think it did. Does not matter though since the ball was still moving forward after both they and us touched it.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Biggems;2470715 said:
did a steeler player touch the ball first? i could have sworn it hit a steeler in the foot or leg and then hit Battle.

I was hoping the same thing at first, but when they showed the replay, it just hit our guy.

That play changed the game. :banghead:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
it looked like it hit a steeler.

also, it looked like battle was shoved in the back when he ran into the ball.....i guess the kicking team is allowed to push in the back.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbacklund;2470749 said:
I do not think it did. Does not matter though since the ball was still moving forward after both they and us touched it.

it does matter....cause once the kicking team touches it, the receiving team can attempt to pick it up and if muffed, it is dead and the receiving team gets it there.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I don't know if someone can be blamed off that, but if there was a game changing moment, this was it. We would have had great field position.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Biggems;2470763 said:
it looked like it hit a steeler.

also, it looked like battle was shoved in the back when he ran into the ball.....i guess the kicking team is allowed to push in the back.

Not to sound sour grapes, but I'm beginning to wonder if the fix is in in some weeks.

There were some blatantly obvious bad calls in this game. Heck-the Steelers almost always benefit from these bad calls. Did someone on here say the Rooneys are involved in gambling?

We didn't deserve to win the game though.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
who the hell is Battle. not one significant play, good or bad this year and he is a part of a huge play in the game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2470792 said:
who the hell is Battle. not one significant play, good or bad this year and he is a part of a huge play in the game.

i dont blame battle, he was in the middle of a crowd and the ball was on the ground moving fast towards him, while he was running towards the ball. he had no idea where the ball was, he was a blocker. the gunners and Pac Man needed to scream out to scatter or something.

we went for 1st down inside their 40 to having them punt and stick us at our 10.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2470792 said:

He was just signed a couple weeks ago.

Tra Battle is his name.