On to Atlanta...Oh, wait, I can't see it!

Iago33

Reaction score
What's the official policy on local tv and these NFL games? I'm not local but close enough to get all the games usually. What's going to happen Saturday?

Who can we send emails to in order to complain about the NFL network taking games away from us. I know my cable provider is partly to blame, but the NFL should get some flack. Who do I email?

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Don't blame your cable provider. Blame the NFL and their stinkin' monopoly for putting games exclusively on their channel, and then overcharging the cable companies for their channel.

Iago33

Reaction score
What is channel 21? I actually live in Oklahoma, but we get every game...or used to.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Word Mofo;1224375 said:
Don't blame your cable provider. Blame the NFL and their stinkin' monopoly for putting games exclusively on their channel, and then overcharging the cable companies for their channel.
Word! I was on the NFL's side in the beginning but as the games exclusively on the network starting i've come around to the cable companies side, despite the fact that I pay too much for Time Warner Cable and it would be an extra $10 to upgrade to the Sports Package if they ever reach a deal. Well, at least i'd get NBA TV with the NFL too.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
You guys better bring your "A" game or Atlanta will eat you up. One of the reasons we had Romo scrambling is because our defense is designed to beat Vick twice a year!!!

Wolfpack

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1224429 said:
You guys better bring your "A" game or Atlanta will eat you up. One of the reasons we had Romo scrambling is because our defense is designed to beat Vick twice a year!!!

While "you" were busy getting Romo to scramble, the rest of the Saints were making sure that they kept him in the pocket. Worked well.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Iago33;1224376 said:
What is channel 21? I actually live in Oklahoma, but we get every game...or used to.

Sorry I thought you were near DFW. ch 21 is UPN here in Dallas.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1224429 said:

moron

wvdan

Reaction score
Word Mofo;1224375 said:
I think you should read up a little more on this issue.The fact of the matter is whats holding the deal up is that the cable wants to charge you guys EXTRA to have the NFL network and make it part of a sports package.Direct TV wants the cable company to have it as a regular expanded basic channel.And lets face it the cable company would more than make there money on local advertising.They are just being greedy and are tryng to make money from both ends by forcing customers to buy a sports package.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
wvdan;1224855 said:
they want 24 times what they pay for the network.And thats before they even get the advertising dollars...Dont let them fool you its all about money.
http://www.iwantnflnetwork.com/

If the NFL network wants to be on basic cable, they shouldn't charge MORE for the channel then the other networks. And now that the NFL is putting games exclusively on the network that they own, they should be more worried about losing their government sanctioned monopoly status.

wvdan

Reaction score
espn has exclusive college games and they are on regular cable.And they dont get near the ratings that the NFL networks get during gameday.So why should the cable company get to charge you 24 times the amount nfl network charges them and then still get all the advertising dollars on top of that??