one and done club

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
DFWJC;4384097 said:
My dream scenario this week would be a classic Eli meltdown and a Giants loss.

Sadly, like you, I'm not feeling good about that happening b/c the entire Giants team (including Manning) are looking too good right now.

Eli meltdown? He's a superbowl champion and superbowl MVP...making his way to another one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
perrykemp;4384247 said:
I <think> you are right. If the Patriots win the Superbowl this year with the 31st worst defense in the NFL (2nd worst pass defense in the history of the NFL), everything I thought I knew and believed about the NFL goes out the window.

I hope the Patriots lose -- I personally like fact that defense still might matter in today's NFL.

They were a top contender this year with a defensive collapse. They'll be fine next year and one of the teams to beat.

So will New Orleans. Without a single upgrade on defense.

Reaction score
Risen Star;4384325 said:
They were a top contender this year with a defensive collapse. They'll be fine next year and one of the teams to beat.

So will New Orleans. Without a single upgrade on defense.

You can't be serious. There's no way either of those teams will win it all without upgrading their defense. Defense wins championships. You can have a great offense, but if you can't get crucial stops it doesn't matter.

Tricericon

Reaction score
perrykemp;4382507 said:
I think I'd still rather have it that way than the Patriots 2007 season.

People will forget this Packers season rather quickly -- they'll never forget the Patriots 2007 season.

How well do you recall the Vikings 15-1 season in 1998? Yeah I didn't think so -- me either.

I think I'd rather have the reverse. Anyone with half a brain knows the Pats were the best team that year. However, as you say, no one will remember these Packers.

Let me put it this way: Do you have more pride in the '78 or the '68 Cowboys?

Ring Leader

Reaction score
The Packers were crowned champions in mid season coming off their Superbowl win. Their expectations by almost everyone were through the roof as the season progressed. At least the 07 Patriots and 98 Vikings fought hard and came close in their losses, these Cheeseheads were completely dominated by their lesser opponent. This collapse was epic in every sense of the word. Had to be brutal to watch as a Packer fan. Just brutal.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Picksix;4382557 said:
Honestly, if the Cowboys joined that club, given the way things have been over the last 16 years, I'd take that.

no you wouldn't, you would then say only wins in January count etc

bsheeern

Reaction score
Didn't think the 98 Vikes went 1 and done in the playoffs.

Wasnt that the year they lost on a last second field goal to the 14-2 Falcons in the NFC championship game?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Also the 2004 Steelers who went 15-1 and didn't get to the Superbowl.

This thread has been going for a week or so and not one person remembered them either and it was just 7 years ago.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4384032 said:
This is a family board, you should be banned asap.

That is hardly an unfamilyesque post. While this board is more uptight that most on the web, it is hardly a Puritan colony.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bsheeern;4386577 said:
Didn't think the 98 Vikes went 1 and done in the playoffs.

Wasnt that the year they lost on a last second field goal to the 14-2 Falcons in the NFC championship game?

yeah, they beat the Cardinals the week before.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Idgit;4384092 said:
I was referring to Brainpaint falling in love with the first amazing girl that came along and settling down. What are you referring to, exactly?

UVAwahoos: you're not doing yourself any favors pretending there's any meaningful support for your opinions in our exchanges. You should see the pms I get from actual respected posters when I take you out for a lap every now and then, ride you hard, and put you up wet.

The fact that the very dimmest bulbs in the collection of banned-and-soon-to-be-banned posters share the majority of your opinions is not something you should be bragging about. They reinforce the reputation you've worked so hard to earn outright in your time here, and that's not a good thing.

:laugh2:

OH...SNAP...!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
newlander;4382481 said:
............sickening beyond BELIEF to watch the gspots catch fire and do it again: and they will too....they are the best team left and they know it. They will win the SB again.............yeah, you can GLADLY bump this if they don't: I would love to be wrong, but you can feel it. :mad: :bang2: :bang2:

PS: I wonder if Jerrah is still 'proud' of them as he said last week?:cool: :rolleyes: :banghead:

I live in NY and I just accept it. I agree with you. It is theirs to lose.

I hope by thinking and agreeing that I jinx them :)

CaptainMorgan;4382659 said:
I really think the 49ers will have something to say about this. Nobody has gave them their due this season, they just keep playing good football.

I think Alex Smith will be rushed and hurried and sacked and wont overcome it.

Kudos - I think he had a great year and can become a great QB!

Lonestar94;4384047 said:
With Rodgers falling back to earth and their defense seemingly getting worse I dont see them getting anywhere near that record next year. Thank god, their bandwagon fans were the worst.

Did he really fall back to earth or did his receivers and D let him down?
They didnt lose because of Rodgers. He was better off running more than passing to those butterfingers all game long.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4387772 said:
Did he really fall back to earth or did his receivers and D let him down?
They didnt lose because of Rodgers. He was better off running more than passing to those butterfingers all game long.

Agreed but substitute Romo for Rodgers and what do you think the media would be saying, oh yeah Romo can't win when it counts.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4387848 said:
Agreed but substitute Romo for Rodgers and what do you think the media would be saying, oh yeah Romo can't win when it counts.

Chicken for dinner.