One free agent you would like?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Let's say there isn't such a thing like the awful franchise tag. Who is one player you would be really excited about if Jerry signed him?

I'm going with Demeco Ryans. I'm tired of the 30+ old washed up veterans signing here to play the other ILB spot. Pair him up with Bradie:eek: . Tackling machine and he's only 25 years old!

Although Nick Collins is so tempting after seeing this secondary is shambles. He makes plays.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If Anthony Spencer doesn't step it up, I'll say Julius Peppers. I just think a Peppers-Ware pass rushing duo would better hide some of our other issues.

I'd also like Dawan Landry next year. We need an athletic and physical safety like him badly. Ken Hamlin equals neither athletic or physical. Jury is still out on Sensabaugh although I love his attitude.

I know I bash Jerry the GM but I'm still holding out hope that with an uncapped year in 2010, plus all the dead cap money that falls off, and with the Superbowl being in Dallas, Jerry will be very aggressive in free agency.

If Patrick Willis ever hit free agency, he'd be the guy.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2964212 said:
If Anthony Spencer doesn't step it up, I'll say Julius Peppers. I just think a Peppers-Ware pass rushing duo would better hide some of our other issues.

I'd also like Dawan Landry next year. We need an athletic and physical safety like him badly. Ken Hamlin equals neither athletic or physical. Jury is still out on Sensabaugh although I love his attitude.

I know I bash Jerry the GM but I'm still holding out hope that with an uncapped year in 2010, plus all the dead cap money that falls off, and with the Superbowl being in Dallas, Jerry will be very aggressive in free agency.

If Patrick Willis ever hit free agency, he'd be the guy.

lol P-Willy will never sniff FA. The Niners arn't that dumb.

I was wondering about the dead money myself. I know we are 14 mil under that cap as of now. TO's 9 mil in dead money comes off the books next year. So that's 23 mil for next year? I don't know how dead money works. Who else is dead money?(besides Ken Hamlin)

I wouldn't mind Peppers and Nick Collins:D

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2964629 said:
lol P-Willy will never sniff FA. The Niners arn't that dumb.

I was wondering about the dead money myself. I know we are 14 mil under that cap as of now. TO's 9 mil in dead money comes off the books next year. So that's 23 mil for next year? I don't know how dead money works. Who else is dead money?(besides Ken Hamlin)

I wouldn't mind Peppers and Nick Collins:D

Hamlin isn't dead money until he's cut and it would count against next year. Adam has this stuff down so he'd be the guy to ask. TO is dead money on our cap right now and I think the following players as well, Greg Ellis, Brad Johnson, Roy Williams, all are completely off the books in 2010.