One Kellen Moore mistake

cffl2323

Reaction score
Without that play the game could've gotten out of hand even earlier than it did. Could've been 21 or 28 to nothing. Either way it's nice to have to think hard about things that went wrong, we played very well overall.

DanA

Reaction score
Loved what Kellen Moore did pretty much all game but I didn't like a few plays
1. The reverse to Ceedee on the goal line
2. Dak's roll out to the left in the RedZone where he took a sack
3. The strip sack TD you've mentioned

I felt they were all bad calls when we'd had so much success running up the middle. It might also be that they weren't on Kellen and that Dak took them out of plays Kellen called.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Mannings talked about that one and put blame on Cee Dee for doing too much dancing before cutting in when he should know that Dak needs to throw it quick. Who knows?
if that's the case, then CD hasn't grown up yet. he made mistakes in the tampa game as well. he has to play smarter and understand the situation....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was a bad idea to go empty backfield from your own end zone. Keep Zeke back there to block and not let D know you are passing.

I also didn’t understand why we went away from power run game with Zeke/TP in 2nd half.

I liked how Moore used McGovern at fullback early. Although that may have been only drive he did that. He still got a little too cute at times but overall a very good job.
I said the same thing. why go empty back field....I know he did it against tampa and it worked, but now they have film....keep zeke there, give dak more time specially on that slow developing play. Dak was also looking for the big one and was not looking underneath...he also has to be smarter and not think so aggressively.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I felt like the one KM mistake tonight was the play that ended up in a strip sack/TD for the Eagles. Not because of the result, but that close to the goal line, CW and the center seemed to just pretty much allow the DTs to eat Dak for lunch. Slow developing play there was probably not the right call.
A bunch of times where they needed to just run it and they got cute. The empty sets on the GL were dumb.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Eli said during that play most of the blame was on the wr going over the middle he said the wr has to realize the qb needs to get the ball out quick.