One of the best parts of the season is...

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
right now.

Sitting atop the division coming off a nice Thanksgiving Day win, having won 6 of our last 7 games. We get to sit back, watch other teams beat each other up while we rest up and prepare for the final stretch of the season. It's a good time to be a Cowboys fan - enjoy it. We spend so much time worrying, bickering, getting frustrated, etc. This a nice 10 day period to appreciate the current season and the opportunities in front of us. We'd all love to be 11-0 right now, but we're in a better position than most teams in this league. Nobody has kicked our rears. All 3 losses were tight games where we beat ourselves as much as our opponents beat us. Not that we deserved to win those games, but we have been in position to win all of the games this year and have won 8 of 11.

There is certainly work to be done. Penalties must decrease, the offense need to be more consistent, and the defense could force a few more turnovers (but they've been very good overall).

There are also a couple of things that we can finally say that are very important. We have a group of players that play and act as a team. Also, we have found ways to win games.

This is a good group of guys to root for and they're playing well overall. Enjoy this time and this team. Before you know it, this season will be over and guys like Ware, Witten, Ratliff, Barber, Romo, etc. will fade off into the sunset.

Appreciate this team and this part of the season - I know I am.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Like you said, we've given some games away (especially to N.Y. and Denver) due to turnovers, but most of the teams in the league would like to be in our position. I'm loving it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
taht fans said we suck and we'rent going anywhere nor were we playoff bound?

maybe people complaining about an 8-3?

when people said (insert player) sucked?

when fans wanted Phillips gone?

when this team beat the Eagles and lost to GB?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking that right now is one of the worst parts of the season. In fact, outside of the bye, it's the part I hate the most.

The week of Thanksgiving is great, starting with a game on Sunday and then another game 4 days later. Once that is over however I can't help but hate having to wait another 10 days to see a game. Sundays just aren't nearly as interesting when Dallas isn't playing. I love the win, I love first place, hopefully I'll love Philly losing, but I absolutely hate the wait.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Every team in the NFC East still has to play ever member at least once... Our schedule is difficult, but damn near every team in our division has an identical schedule...

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
BIGDen;3107391 said:
right now.

Sitting atop the division coming off a nice Thanksgiving Day win, having won 6 of our last 7 games. We get to sit back, watch other teams beat each other up while we rest up and prepare for the final stretch of the season. It's a good time to be a Cowboys fan - enjoy it. We spend so much time worrying, bickering, getting frustrated, etc. This a nice 10 day period to appreciate the current season and the opportunities in front of us. We'd all love to be 11-0 right now, but we're in a better position than most teams in this league. Nobody has kicked our rears. All 3 losses were tight games where we beat ourselves as much as our opponents beat us. Not that we deserved to win those games, but we have been in position to win all of the games this year and have won 8 of 11.

There is certainly work to be done. Penalties must decrease, the offense need to be more consistent, and the defense could force a few more turnovers (but they've been very good overall).

There are also a couple of things that we can finally say that are very important. We have a group of players that play and act as a team. Also, we have found ways to win games.

This is a good group of guys to root for and they're playing well overall. Enjoy this time and this team. Before you know it, this season will be over and guys like Ware, Witten, Ratliff, Barber, Romo, etc. will fade off into the sunset.

This is basically the same thing I was saying to my wife yesterday. There are many fans of other teams that know their season is over week 17.

Mansta54

Reaction score
LowTech;3107430 said:
This is basically the same thing I was saying to my wife yesterday. There are many fans of other teams that know their season is over week 17.

Ahh, like the Foreskins... I couldn't help myself.:D

Reaction score
BIGDen;3107391 said:
right now.

Well said,,, it's easy to dwell on the frustrating aspects of this team, but what makes them so frustrating also leaves room for much hope: They are sooooo close to getting over the hump, if they can just cut the mental lapses in half they will make some noise in the playoffs this year.

For now though, this is a great time to be sitting on top of the NFC EAST! :bow:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great points by the OP. I actually like the 10 day rest that the players get. Sundays without the Cowboys are a lot less fun, but they've already taken care of business. Now we can all sit back and watch Philly get upset by the Skins tomorrow. Wait a minute, root for the Skins? Well, it is against the Eagles so...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I agree. I think we (the fans), the coaches, and the players are starting to feel a different vibe about this team.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I agree it's the best time of the season. Think about all those days in April, and June and then waiting for camp to open in early July when we're so starved for something and now we're right in the mix.

To change a quote from Bill Parcells...

"This is why you read all them posts in the off season!"

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;3107663 said:
I agree it's the best time of the season. Think about all those days in April, and June and then waiting for camp to open in early July when we're so starved for something and now we're right in the mix.

To change a quote from Bill Parcells...

"This is why you read all them posts in the off season!"
:laugh2: