One of the most important positions on any team was fulfilled on the Cowboys

visionary

Reaction score
For all the Missed, Busted, injury riddled ,troubled and just plain out bad picks the Cowboys have been through. Especially the 2nd round gems...I shutter! The Football Gods smiled on this pick. Try as they might to pass over Dallas was granted perfect timing.

One of the most important positions on any team was fulfilled. In this league no QB equals not a chance.

The big difference for me last year was teams having to respect the fact that Dak might and will make you pay with his feet. Let's take a look.

Dak Prescott in (1) season 282 yds rushing from scrimmage 21 first downs and 6 TDs

Tony Romo in (11) seasons 620 Yds from scrimmage 45 first down and 5 TDs

QBR? Dak Prescott 82.7 Tony Romo ( Best year) out of 11 was 81.8 in 2014 (Disclaimer the 3 for 4 this year is not a body of work..lol)

All i'm saying is.....we can grumble about A-Z but this kid is good.

Romo has been a top 5-7 QB in the NFL for at least the last 6-7 years if not longer. Yet we have done almost nothing in terms of a real championship push. That should tell us several things:

1. The FO lucked into a QB but makes poor decisions in the draft and FA
2. The FO does not understand that we will need a real defense to truly contend consistently
3. We will need to spend real resources on top players and taking flyers on talented but injured, stupid players with poor work ethic is not a recipe for success
4. Even a very very good QB needs a talented team around him or We'r going nowhere
5. The coaching staff does not know how to put players in a position to win

All of this tells us that we may have lucked out with Dak but just having a good QB does not guarantee anything except that we will be "relevant". We need to do a lot of work and I have little faith that this FO has a plan or the vision to execute it

benson

Reaction score
Aah, to be a young mobile rookie with no gametape on you playing with the leagues best running game, a top 5 WR, and a HoF TE.

Life is good for Dak Prescott

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'd say it's the single most important position...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well...if we're going off the standards we used for deciding whether or not Romo was "our guy", then Dak still has at least 3 more years to grow before he can be judged since Tony didn't start until his 4th year in the league.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Aah, to be a young mobile rookie with no gametape on you playing with the leagues best running game, a top 5 WR, and a HoF TE.

Life is good for Dak Prescott
So, you are saying he has help? What better stage to see how he can manage what he has around him and may I say it was simply beautiful. Little better defense and Dallas could have won the whole dang thing..

Ps...I'm not one to whine much but, looking back at the GreenBay film I come out of my chair quite often at missed calls in that particular game. I'm gonna start calling them Kryptonite instead of greenbay. good grief. I think at one point I saw Irvin get tackled...lol!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak was great!:flagwave:
We were lucky he was still there at the end of the 4th!:thumbup:

Somehow feeling obligated to diss Romo in the thread:thumbdown:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Dak was great!:flagwave:
We were lucky he was still there at the end of the 4th!:thumbup:

Somehow feeling obligated to diss Romo in the thread:thumbdown:
Would not dream of dissing Romo. I only pointed out a difference between the two. I'm very thankful for this contributions to our Cowboys. He was definitely fun to watch and will miss him being part of the team.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'll wait for year two and three.
I agree with you, I want to see if he has a sophomore slump. But one thing that keeps popping up in my mind is his poise and decision making. I didn't believe that Dak could be this good and was wanting Romo to come in until the come from behind game at Dallas against Philly. When he hit Witten for TD in over time. I just had this feeling that we were going to win that game. I don't know if it's body language or poise or whatever you want to call it, just his control over the team made me confident we would win. As a rookie he had that. I'm excited to see if he progresses in year two and three, cuz if he does, watch out league.

plymkr

Reaction score
Romo has been a top 5-7 QB in the NFL for at least the last 6-7 years if not longer. Yet we have done almost nothing in terms of a real championship push. That should tell us several things:

2. The FO does not understand that we will need a real defense to truly contend consistently
3. We will need to spend real resources on top players and taking flyers on talented but injured, stupid players with poor work ethic is not a recipe for success
4. Even a very very good QB needs a talented team around him or We'r going nowhere

All of this tells us that we may have lucked out with Dak but just having a good QB does not guarantee anything except that we will be "relevant". We need to do a lot of work and I have little faith that this FO has a plan or the vision to execute it
I agree with this post as well. Romo was/is awesome but couldn't do it himself. I will probably stop watching football all together if the FO wastes Dak's career in the same manner they wasted Romo's. It was like "well we to a good QB so we would win" was the general attitude of the FO during Romo's prime and then fans blamed Romo when we didn't win it all.

plasticman

Reaction score
This was no fluke. I honestly believe that Jason Garrett, ex quarterback, ex quarterback coach, ex offensive coordinator, knew some things about evaluating quarterbacks.

Even if the Cowboys had traded to move up into the first round to get a QB they would still have taken Dak. I believe that. We were still lucky, I admit, be ause nobody else saw his potential.

And Dak is the real deal. It didnt matter who was in the lineup during preseason, Dak shined.

His numbers were outrageous last season, especially for a rookie, it has never been done before and there have been great offensive lines, great RB's helping some rookie QB's.

Look at Joe Flaco, Joe Ferguson in your NFL history.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Re No. 1, I believe the FO has turned things around on draft day. Last year's draft was the best in 20 years, mate!
Re No. 2, Yes!
Re No. 3, Bravo! This needs to be said.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hated the pick I admit. I know he's only played one year. He's not a normal guy he is our future!

ksadler1

Reaction score
Aah, to be a young mobile rookie with no gametape on you playing with the leagues best running game, a top 5 WR, and a HoF TE. Life is good for Dak Prescott

We should all thank our lucky stars that there was no tape on Dak during the whole 2016 season. When are people going to drop this excuse for Dak's success and admit that he just might be that good. Romo sat and learned for several years before taking over. Dak was thrown in to the fire as a rookie. Any way you look at it, what Dak accomplished was simply amazing. This is not simply luck. As Parcells use to say, he has "IT".....