One of these 4 will be the Cowboys Pick at 58

Beaker42

Reaction score
Really.
What nationally recognized draft guru/expert has Khalen Saunders rated as 5th/6th round prospect?
Now that I’ve had time to think about it, should’ve said 1-2 rounds too early. Don’t like him @ 58 but if they like him and our other rd 1 and 2 targets are off the board then go ahead.

conner01

Reaction score
Abram - ehhh, I can live with it

Rapp - ugh

Thornhill - love

Willis - Like it but I've read more and more about him that has given me pause and he seems to be sliding in some mocks.

Of those four, I think my order of preference would be Thornhill, Willis, Abram then Rapp.
Funny part is Rapp will likely be long gone
I like Thornhill myself

Gaede

Reaction score
Abram - Guy is just an alpha out there. His take no prisoners attitude is infectious to the rest of the defense, and he will hit anything. I like him the most of the four.

Thornhill - really athletic but I worry about his instincts and tackling / toughness. He can do enough things though for me to rate him second on this list.

Rapp - great football player with instincts, toughness, and football smarts. Always takes the correct angles and is always in the right spot. Tested fine except for his 40 time and he plays plenty fast IMO. Very close to Thornhill for me and I almost put Rapp second on this list.

Gerald Willis III - No. don’t want him in Dallas really. I’ll be surprised if the Cowboys want him. I worry about his mental makeup. He’s easily last on this list for me. By a long shot.
Good post

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Thornhill
Trysten Hill
Rapp
Deebo

I think it comes down to those four.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
This forum would be so pissed if we took a WR but Deebo would do wonders for our offense.
If Deebo Samuel is the pick, I would be thrilled. That would give the Cowboys 3 awesome receivers to work with Dak for a long time. A great idea to pull the trigger on that and Samuel would be an excellent kick returner as well.

Sandyf

Reaction score
If a guy falls that they have rated higher regardless of position, none of those names above will be called at 58.

Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score
If Deebo Samuel is the pick, I would be thrilled. That would give the Cowboys 3 awesome receivers to work with Dak for a long time. A great idea to pull the trigger on that and Samuel would be an excellent kick returner as well.

A slot WR at 58 when we have a need for a dominant DL player or S would be bizarre.

Now if the draft board breaks a certain way that when our 58th pick comes and the DL and S board is totally decimated, then I could maybe see a WR.

But I suspect when the 58th pick comes, there are going to be some defensive players (or even a TE) that would make way more sense than Deebo still on the board.

morasp

Reaction score
Abram
Rapp
Thornhill
Allen
Williams
Johnson
Ferguson

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think Hill will be there in the 4th.
Probably later than that. Give me Huggins way before Hill. Huggins plays with more power and leverage than Hill. Hill gets zero push and penetration unless the O-line in front of him makes a mistake.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
No love Chauncey Gardner-Johnson? He may be the most "complete" S in the draft........seems to be able to everything well (maybe not elite, but very well).
He's my second favorite S behind Savage. He'd be the pick at #58. Don't think he'd slip that far.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Safeties:
Johnathan Abram
Taylor Rapp
Juan Thornhill

DT
Gerald Willis III

All of them have grades from Low 1st - Early 3rd and could well be in Cowboys Range.

All of them got an Official 30 Visit.

Cowboys tend to pick Players who had an official 30 Visit. Atleast in the early Rounds.

These are the 2 biggest positions of Need.

Only with Thornhill they visited twice (Combine + Official 30 Visit).

Id take Thornhill or Abram in a heartbeat.

Rapp is slow and has hip Problems already. Hes also a Box to Box Safety and not ideal to cover the deep field like Thornhill or Abram.

Willis as huge off-the-field concerns so would be a typical Cowboys Pick.

Who would you pick?

Abram will be lucky to get past the first couple picks in round 2 but dont be suprised to see him go late 1.

Thornhill is reported to be the guy the eagles are going to draft. If they want him dallas probably has to trade up to 52.

Rapp is rumored to be really wanted by SEA and WASH.

Of course you cant believe everything right now. But these are very realistic rumors because theres need there for them.

Think Dallas will end up having a pick of these guys now.

Jaylon Ferguson
Gerald Willis lll
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Jace Sternberger