One or the other in Philly..

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
It's an extreme "either/or" thing, because it's THEM.............

If we lose, we'll never hear the end of it. When I first saw the schedule last summer, I immediately started praying. Please, don't make it come down to the last game of the season IN PHILLY in December. Sure 'nough, here we go.
Of course, as REO Speedwagon said in 1975, "You get what you play for". We deserve every bit of this embarrassing predicament.
If we win, we get the honor of being all of the sixth seed, the last team standing, and all the usual talk about "backing into the playoffs". That's a long way from all the predictions, and an almost impossible road to the SB.
Unfortunately, it's come down to another classic "Cowboy/Philly" moment, one that should NEVER have been necessary. Only Dallas could give a bum like McNubb an opportunity to be some kind of "hero". Only Dallas can provide a scumbag, bottom-feeding maggot fan base like Philly something to get excited about.
If the Beagles win next weekend, it'll go down in Beagle lore. It'll go down in "NFL Legendary" films. If Dallas wins, it'll be dismissed as just another game and "lets just move on to the playoffs".
Whatever happens, it's a shame it's come to this................

Roughneck

Reaction score
lcharles;2516345 said:
Truth hurts don't it?
Not at all.

The truth is that if we beat Philly we're in the Playoffs. Probably as a #6 seed but potentially as a #5 seed. Either way, we wouldn't be the first team to win the Super Bowl from either of those positions.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck;2516329 said:
Wow. That's quite the whine, "woe are we" post you just made there.
You wanna' present evidence that "woe is NOT we"????

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Roughneck;2516329 said:
Wow. That's quite the whine, "woe are we" post you just made there.

No kidding. Who cares about what idiot Eagles fans say or think?

And if beating a team to keep them out of the playoffs even when you don't get in yourself really is worthy of going down in team lore... Then Philly is an even more pathetic franchise than I thought they were.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2516401 said:
No kidding. Who cares about what idiot Eagles fans say or think?

And if beating a team to keep them out of the playoffs even when you don't get in yourself really is worthy of going down in team lore... Then Philly is an even more pathetic franchise than I thought they were.

"More pathetic franchise than I thought they were"????

Your thinking is wanting. There is no more pathetic franchise in all of sports. And that's the point. ALL THEY HAVE IN THEIR HIGHLIGHT FILMS are winning moment against Dallas.
GET IT?!?!? If they win this game, it'll be right up there with other regular season and playoff wins against Dallas, because that's all they have.
As for the "who gives a crap about what Eagle fans think", I agree. But again, it's all they'll ever have. And they'll have a year to gloat and brag, because when your a team with "the curse" and will never win a SB, all you got is knocking Dallas out of the playoffs.

How long have you been a Cowboy fan anyway. Don't you get this?

mmohican29

Reaction score
lewpac;2516318 said:

If we lose, we'll never hear the end of it. When I first saw the schedule last summer, I immediately started praying. Please, don't make it come down to the last game of the season IN PHILLY in December. Sure 'nough, here we go.
Of course, as REO Speedwagon said in 1975, "You get what you play for". We deserve every bit of this embarrassing predicament.
If we win, we get the honor of being all of the sixth seed, the last team standing, and all the usual talk about "backing into the playoffs". That's a long way from all the predictions, and an almost impossible road to the SB.
Unfortunately, it's come down to another classic "Cowboy/Philly" moment, one that should NEVER have been necessary. Only Dallas could give a bum like McNubb an opportunity to be some kind of "hero". Only Dallas can provide a scumbag, bottom-feeding maggot fan base like Philly something to get excited about.
If the Beagles win next weekend, it'll go down in Beagle lore. It'll go down in "NFL Legendary" films. If Dallas wins, it'll be dismissed as just another game and "lets just move on to the playoffs".

Awww..... the burden of being a Cowboy fan too much for you Lew? Geesh.

The Cowboys have a chance to be a playoff team. The Cowboys have suffered disappointing losses many, many times. One more won't kill you if it comes to it.

It's part of the fabric of being a Cowboy fan. We've had some huge wins as well. Why not try and suck it up and root for the team that has given you those as well? This has to be the whiniest post I've ever read.

Roughneck

Reaction score
lewpac;2516396 said:
You wanna' present evidence that "woe is NOT we"????
Sure, want me to post the team websites of the 12 NFL teams that have already been eliminated from Playoff Contention or will just a couple do? Because there is some legitimate woe right there.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2516433 said:

The Cowboys have a chance to be a playoff team. The Cowboys have suffered disappointing losses many, many times. One more won't kill you if it comes to it.

It's part of the fabric of being a Cowboy fan. We've had some huge wins as well. Why not try and suck it up and root for the team that has given you those as well? This has to be the whiniest post I've ever read.

If you've been a fan since '64 (as in YOU'RE NOT), then nothing but a Ring will do. We don't have parades like the Saints for simply making the playoffs. We don't celebrate because we win a playoff game.
I have a tattoo of the Star the size of a tangerine on my body. Burn one into you body, and you'll know what I mean. 'Till then, you may settle for this garbage and train wreck of a year. Mean time, leave us lifer's at peace.

cmacch

Reaction score
lewpac;2516527 said:
If you've been a fan since '64 (as in YOU'RE NOT), then nothing but a Ring will do. We don't have parades like the Saints for simply making the playoffs. We don't celebrate because we win a playoff game.
I have a tattoo of the Star the size of a tangerine on my body. Burn one into your body, and you'll know what I mean. 'Till then, you may settle for this garbage and train wreck of a year. Mean time, leave us lifer's at peace.

Scary. :(

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm just going to focus on being completely confident that Dallas will go to Philly and win and get themselves into the playoffs.

cmacch

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2516561 said:
:laugh2: I go crazy over the Cowboys too. I haven't burned them into my body yet, though.:laugh2:
Maybe it's a girl thing...I just can't see myself doing that ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So people really thought "oh please dont make it come down to the last game against philly?"

Why?

They are a both football teams. If Dallas wants it - they will win. We ARE the better team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2516571 said:
So people really thought "oh please dont make it come down to the last game against philly?"

Why?

They are a both football teams. If Dallas wants it - they will win. We ARE the better team.
OK Mick, I like Oprah, but that picture is SCARY!:lmao:

Powerdad23

Reaction score
lewpac;2516318 said:

That's pretty good...pretty damn good

mmohican29

Reaction score
lewpac;2516527 said:
I have a tattoo of the Star the size of a tangerine on my body. Burn one into you body, and you'll know what I mean. 'Till then, you may settle for this garbage and train wreck of a year. Mean time, leave us lifer's at peace.

Pardon me but doesn't a playoff berth precede a Ring normally? Don't question my fandom just because I'm younger than you.... for chrissakes I'm 37. I've rooted for the 'boys since '82 and became a fan on the day Montana broke the Cowboys hearts and mine too. We have 5 World Championships. We will win more. This season has been frustrating definitely, but it's not over yet.

***** and Complain now if you'd like, but actually Cry when it's over. And if you can't handle a lesser franchise getting some spoils after a victory over your favorite team which is also arguably the world's most famous sports franchise, then noone here is going to be able to help you.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2516433 said: