One-sentence argument to make a case for player to draft

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I thought I'd like to do this pre-combine, and then maybe post combine to see if our opinion changes much.

Pick one player (must be relevant to our drafting position) and make a one-sentence argument on why Dallas should select him. It can be in any round, not just the first.

I'll start with Chad Jones in the second-round. We can get Oline in the first, and if we need to, even trade up for Jones in the 2nd as he has the ability to bring the wood, and cover ground in the secondary to make plays both while the ball is in the air, and in his hands.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Chad Jones per the Huddle report: "Chad is a player with limited talent and very poor fundamentals."
Sorry to easy to throw rocks at glass houses, let me hang myself with a pick.

He can block like a fullback, run like a running back, move like an H-back, catch the ball down the field like a TE and pick up blitzes in the passing game like an offensive tackle, Tom Rathman oops I meant Toby Gerhart.

Available in the second day maybe the third or fourth round(gawd that is a real guess excuse my arrogance). If you think Cricket has escaped the doghouse think again, that gun charge looms over his head. This is the guy who can be trade bait later in his career and in the mean time contribute to the team, which is something we do not seem to appreciate. We need to start seeing players like the patriots do with their picks not just primary needs but secondary and tertiary aspects of talent deals.
NextGenBoys;3286999 said:
I thought I'd like to do this pre-combine, and then maybe post combine to see if our opinion changes much.

Pick one player (must be relevant to our drafting position) and make a one-sentence argument on why Dallas should select him. It can be in any round, not just the first.

I'll start with Chad Jones in the second-round. We can get Oline in the first, and if we need to, even trade up for Jones in the 2nd as he has the ability to bring the wood, and cover ground in the secondary to make plays both while the ball is in the air, and in his hands.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bruce Campbell - Because he is as physically gifted as any Offensive Tackle you'll see.

ghst187

Reaction score
Earl Thomas, because he is an INT-machine and our defense is a player like him away from being dominant.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
:star: Because you can never have too many play makers in the return, passing and running games.:star:

Gaede

Reaction score
Marty Gilyard-He'll make plays when he touches the ball.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Earl Thomas - Dallas needs help at CB and S...Thomas has the speed and skill to play both positions.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Macnalty;3287043 said:
Chad Jones per the Huddle report: "Chad is a player with limited talent and very poor fundamentals."
Sorry to easy to throw rocks at glass houses, let me hang myself with a pick.

He can block like a fullback, run like a running back, move like an H-back, catch the ball down the field like a TE and pick up blitzes in the passing game like an offensive tackle, Tom Rathman oops I meant Toby Gerhart.

Available in the second day maybe the third or fourth round(gawd that is a real guess excuse my arrogance). If you think Cricket has escaped the doghouse think again, that gun charge looms over his head. This is the guy who can be trade bait later in his career and in the mean time contribute to the team, which is something we do not seem to appreciate. We need to start seeing players like the patriots do with their picks not just primary needs but secondary and tertiary aspects of talent deals.
I like Gerhart a lot too, but he wants no part of being a fullback. He has strongly stated that he wants to be drafted to be a RB--and even said a "feature" RB.

I guess if that does not pan out, he can settle into the versatile FB role you describe. In either case, I like his odds of making it.

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3287185 said:
Too bad he sucks and is super slow.

LOL :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Bruce Campbell super slow? I've seen it all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3287185 said:
Too bad he sucks and is super slow.

You forgot to add that he has the potential to be the best Tackle in this class also.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Legerret Blount: can do everything for the cowboys a guy being paid 40 mil can:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vladimir Ducasse because he's a big, smart, strong and athletic offensive tackle prospect.

Gaede

Reaction score
Golden Tate - I think he'll be the best receiver from this draft class.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Anthony Dixon - If he's still there in the 4th round, think long and hard about picking him up. 240 pound short yardage power backs aren't glamorous, but this one just might turn out to be a missing piece.