One thing that bothers me about the Philly trade....

noletime95

Reaction score
The Eagles are not a dumb organization. Obviously, if there was a player there they feared, they would not have let Dallas trade up. They probably knew Spencer was out guy and didn't mind going up against him. Doesn't mean they are right, but Philly is a smart organization (or at least has been, didn't get the whole QB choice)....

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
noletime95;1480413 said:
The Eagles are not a dumb organization. Obviously, if there was a player there they feared, they would not have let Dallas trade up. They probably knew Spencer was out guy and didn't mind going up against him. Doesn't mean they are right, but Philly is a smart organization (or at least has been, didn't get the whole QB choice)....

They will regret letting us get Spencer...

adamknite

Reaction score
noletime95;1480413 said:

I think it was more like they didn't get their guy, and traded down and got more picks. Not so much they didn't think we couldn't get an impact player, maybe we were the only ones offering a deal.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
smarta5150;1480416 said:
They will regret letting us get Spencer...

Until he knocks McNabb silly and they put Kolb in and he turns out better than flabby. Just like Garcia or Feely. :lmao2:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The word locally is that they wanted Merriweather or Nelson, and traded out when both players were off the board. No, they're not a dumb organization, but they got the better of the deal according to points. However I think if they stayed, they probably take Spencer.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1480453 said:
The word locally is that they wanted Merriweather or Nelson, and traded out when both players were off the board. No, they're not a dumb organization, but they got the better of the deal according to points. However I think if they stayed, they probably take Spencer.

You got it... Safety was there #1 and there were none left.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Just because they didn't want a player there doesn't mean he wasn't quality.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1480463 said:
Was this after the Weddle pick?

Talking about their #26 pick they gave to us... Nelson and Merri were gone already to the Jags and Pats.

EDIT: When was Weddle gone?

adamknite

Reaction score
smarta5150;1480467 said:
Talking about their #26 pick they gave to us... Nelson and Merri were gone already to the Jags and Pats.

EDIT: When was Weddle gone?

Chargers gave a crap load to the Bear to take him early in round two. Pick 37

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
adamknite;1480468 said:
Chargers gave a crap load to the Bear to take him early in round two. Pick 37

Ah ok.

So I guess the Eagles didnt really like Weddle.

adamknite

Reaction score
smarta5150;1480469 said:
Ah ok.

So I guess the Eagles didnt really like Weddle.

Yeah they could have taken him at 36. Mayock (I believe) said the Chargers reached way too far and gave up too much to get Weddle at that spot.

slick325

Reaction score
I think most of you were correct in thinking that the Eagles wanted a S and they were gone so they figured they would get the most that they can out of the #26 pick. In this case it happened to be a few extra picks.

Honestly, I don't think they cared one way or another about Dallas getting Spencer. The Eagles deal with pressure players by spreading teams out and making them cover or by reverting to shorter drops by McNabb. It seems to work for them and most West Coast offenses. I suspect Dallas will see a great deal of this in the upcoming season.