One week out, go on the record

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
One week out. Go on the record for the players you like, whether that is someone from your alma mater, favorite college, or just someone who caught your eye on Saturdays.

Call it “pet cats”, “draft crushes” or whatever you like. Try to place them in the round they are projected to go.

(early) 1st round
  • Taliese Fuaga, T, Oregon State
  • Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
Both expected to be gone by 24 but would consider trading up for them.

1st round
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon – I normally can’t stand Oregon players
  • Graham Barton, C/T, Duke – I got to spend some time with Duke’s personnel last year during summer scouting. He gave me the heads up on Barton and that NFL scouts were viewing him as a Center.
  • Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa – Not our biggest need but love his versatility and the way he plays the game
2nd round
  • Kingsley Suamataia, T, BYU – Was #1 on my preseason Cowboys draft watch list.
  • Payton Wilson, LB, NC State – Injuries, older, but such a good linebacker
  • Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia – Tough as nails, reminds me of Creed Humphrey
  • Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State – Definition of high-motor kid.
  • Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State – Played basketball at Michigan State, was dominant on the field last season for the Seminoles
  • Austin Booker, DE, Kansas – Raw but I see Maxx Crosby relentlessness with Micah’s closing speed.

3rd round
  • Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky – One of my favorite prospects all year. Barely scratching the surface was a high ceiling
  • Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida – I recruited him out of Tempe, AZ but he had the grades for Arizona State. I got to watch him develop for the Sun Devils and I posted here that I thought he had some Cooper Kupp to him. He blew up at Florida.
  • Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina - Amazing sideline-to-sideline player, he rips through gaps.
  • Brenden Rice, WR, USC – Another kid I watched in high school. Son of a legend and ended up at my favorite college after an initial stop at Colorado.
  • Blake Corum, RB, Michigan – Tough as nails and took time out of his day to hang out with my nephew who idolizes him.
4th round (I realize we don’t have a 4th round pick)
  • Ty’Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri - Just always around the ball. I wish he was bigger.
  • Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville – A ton of athletic traits, I could see him evolving to a quality NFL back
  • Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice – Former QB at Nebraska, made the smart move to WR.
  • Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College – Another high-traits prospect
5th round
  • Zak Zinter, G, Michigan – Day 2 talent who suffered a late-season injury
  • Jowon Briggs, DT, Cincinnati – A bit undersized but strong as hell. Cowboys would love him as a “1Tech with 3Tech qualities”
6th round
  • Giovani Manu, T, British Columbia – Rare movement skills for a human of his size. Raw but hist footwork gives me the belief he can develop. I wrote that exact same blurb here in 2018 about Jordan Mailata when he was making the jump from Rugby.
  • Blake Watson, RB, Memphis – Some helmet scouting here, but reminds me of a less-explosive Tony Pollard
  • Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech – Traits and size, but can disappear sometimes.
7th round
  • Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB, CFL – Love the unorthodox path to the NFL for this kid.
  • Trey Taylor, S, Air Force – I always root for my fellow service members, especially ones that won the Jim Thorpe Award.
  • Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA – Great instincts, undersized
Didn’t get a single player to Dallas I was hoping for but was pretty close on their draft range.

(early) 1st round
Taliese Fuaga, T, Oregon State – went 14th overall to New Orleans
Troy Fautanu, T, Washington – went 20th overall to Pittsburgh (allowed myself to think it could happen)

1st round
Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon – 44th to Las Vegas (one round later)
Graham Barton, C/T, Duke – 26th to Tampa Bay
Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa – 40th to Philadelphia (Booooooooo!) (one round later)

2nd round
Kingsley Suamataia, T, BYU – 63rd to Kansas City
Payton Wilson, LB, NC State – 98th to Pittsburgh (one round later)
Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia – 51st to Pittsburgh
Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State – 39th to LA Rams
Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State – 33rd to Buffalo
Austin Booker, DE, Kansas – 144th to Chicago (missed this one by 3 rounds)

3rd round
Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky – 72nd to Carolina
Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida – 31st to San Francisco (two rounds earlier)
Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina - 106th to Tennessee (one round later)
Brenden Rice, WR, USC – 225th to LA Chargers (missed this one by 4 rounds)
Blake Corum, RB, Michigan – 83rd to LA Rams

4th round
Ty’Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri – 98th to Green Bay (one round earlier)
Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville - 129th to San Francisco
Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice – 100th to Washington, missed this one by 1 pick, last pick in the 3rd round)
Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College – 90th to Arizona (one round earlier)

5th round
Zak Zinter, G, Michigan – 85th to Cleveland (two rounds earlier)
Jowon Briggs, DT, Cincinnati - 243rd to Cleveland (two rounds later)

6th round
Giovani Manu, T, British Columbia – 126th to Detroit (one round earlier)
Blake Watson, RB, Memphis – UDFA to Denver (missed by two rounds)
Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech – 236th to Jacksonville (one round later)

7th round
Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB, CFL – 176th to NY Jets (two rounds earlier)
Trey Taylor, S, Air Force – 223rd to Las Vegas
Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA – 183rd to the NY Giants (one round earlier)