One week out, go on the record

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like Estime too. For a slow guy he sure makes a lot of long runs. I'd like it if they got 2 backs in this draft with one of them being Estime.
He just seems to pinball off tackle attempts and keep going. He won't be able to do that as much with the strength and speed of NFL players, but I do think he can move and power through effectively enough to succeed.

rambo2

Reaction score
He just seems to pinball off tackle attempts and keep going. He won't be able to do that as much with the strength and speed of NFL players, but I do think he can move and power through effectively enough to succeed.
I think he is going to be solid. I think he will be available at 87. I like him between 87 and 110.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wilson isn't injured.
His point is guys with significant injury histories. Wilson has a pretty extensive one with an ACL injury, a major shoulder surgery and various hamstring issues in his past. It's not exactly a secret and if you read most draft reports on him, injury history is often a "con" in their analysis.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think he is going to be solid. I think he will be available at 87. I like him between 87 and 110.
I've heard that some have him as the third back on the board, so 87 won't surprise me. I think Wright will go before him because of potential, but I like him better than some of the backs rated after that point. I wouldn't pass up Brooks or Benson for him.

rambo2

Reaction score
His point is guys with significant injury histories. Wilson has a pretty extensive one with an ACL injury, a major shoulder surgery and various hamstring issues in his past. It's not exactly a secret and if you read most draft reports on him, injury history is often a "con" in their analysis.
This is why he will go in the 2nd round. My point is he isn't hurt now and hasn't been in 2 years. I like him at 56.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is why he will go in the 2nd round. My point is he isn't hurt now and hasn't been in 2 years. I like him at 56.
You can have whatever point you want but people are explaining to you what the guy meant by saying we'd take 3 injured players, probably as a joke.

Wilson has a very lengthy and concerning injury history. He just does.

Mcsports

Reaction score
One week out. Go on the record for the players you like, whether that is someone from your alma mater, favorite college, or just someone who caught your eye on Saturdays.

Call it “pet cats”, “draft crushes” or whatever you like. Try to place them in the round they are projected to go.

(early) 1st round
  • Taliese Fuaga, T, Oregon State
  • Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
Both expected to be gone by 24 but would consider trading up for them.

1st round
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon – I normally can’t stand Oregon players
  • Graham Barton, C/T, Duke – I got to spend some time with Duke’s personnel last year during summer scouting. He gave me the heads up on Barton and that NFL scouts were viewing him as a Center.
  • Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa – Not our biggest need but love his versatility and the way he plays the game
2nd round
  • Kingsley Suamataia, T, BYU – Was #1 on my preseason Cowboys draft watch list.
  • Payton Wilson, LB, NC State – Injuries, older, but such a good linebacker
  • Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia – Tough as nails, reminds me of Creed Humphrey
  • Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State – Definition of high-motor kid.
  • Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State – Played basketball at Michigan State, was dominant on the field last season for the Seminoles
  • Austin Booker, DE, Kansas – Raw but I see Maxx Crosby relentlessness with Micah’s closing speed.

3rd round
  • Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky – One of my favorite prospects all year. Barely scratching the surface was a high ceiling
  • Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida – I recruited him out of Tempe, AZ but he had the grades for Arizona State. I got to watch him develop for the Sun Devils and I posted here that I thought he had some Cooper Kupp to him. He blew up at Florida.
  • Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina - Amazing sideline-to-sideline player, he rips through gaps.
  • Brenden Rice, WR, USC – Another kid I watched in high school. Son of a legend and ended up at my favorite college after an initial stop at Colorado.
  • Blake Corum, RB, Michigan – Tough as nails and took time out of his day to hang out with my nephew who idolizes him.
4th round (I realize we don’t have a 4th round pick)
  • Ty’Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri - Just always around the ball. I wish he was bigger.
  • Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville – A ton of athletic traits, I could see him evolving to a quality NFL back
  • Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice – Former QB at Nebraska, made the smart move to WR.
  • Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College – Another high-traits prospect
5th round
  • Zak Zinter, G, Michigan – Day 2 talent who suffered a late-season injury
  • Jowon Briggs, DT, Cincinnati – A bit undersized but strong as hell. Cowboys would love him as a “1Tech with 3Tech qualities”
6th round
  • Giovani Manu, T, British Columbia – Rare movement skills for a human of his size. Raw but hist footwork gives me the belief he can develop. I wrote that exact same blurb here in 2018 about Jordan Mailata when he was making the jump from Rugby.
  • Blake Watson, RB, Memphis – Some helmet scouting here, but reminds me of a less-explosive Tony Pollard
  • Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech – Traits and size, but can disappear sometimes.
7th round
  • Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB, CFL – Love the unorthodox path to the NFL for this kid.
  • Trey Taylor, S, Air Force – I always root for my fellow service members, especially ones that won the Jim Thorpe Award.
  • Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA – Great instincts, undersized
Great breakdown.
My biggest take from it is: Dallas needs to trade down so they can get their hands on MORE of these cats.

ccb04

Reaction score
Like many of the guys you mentioned.

Either Fautanu or Fuaga, would be fantastic. Have known of Fautanu since his high school days, as he played at Liberty HS in my area. He remains a favorite.

Barton is my favorite 1st round IOL.

Like Fiske, Wilson, and Frazier. Suamataia has enticing traits and I can see a bit of the Tyler Smith parallels.
Coleman is among a few 2nd round WR's I wouldn't be mad at.

The top 3 RB's seem to be slotted in the 2nd - 3rd rounds, and I like all three.

A pet cat that's most often earmarked for the 3rd, is DT DeWayne Carter.

Some in the 4th - 7th:

- RB: Ray Davis, Guerendo, Tracy, Ali
- DE Cedric Johnson (6-3/260, 33-1/2" arms ... combine: 4.63 40, 38" vert, 10'2" broad jump ... 22 TFL's and 19 sacks for career in SEC)
- CB Elijah Jones
- C/G: Hunter Nourzad, Nick Gargiulo, Jacob Monk
- DB Trey Taylor (hometown is Frisco, cousin of Ed Reed, Thorpe Award winner and won the Pat Tillman award at Shrine bowl)

Last edited:

Mcsports

Reaction score
The dude I like, and we have no business drafting him, would be K State tight end Ben Sinnott.
He just gets the job done.
If he's available in the third round......
........no.......they couldn't

RonWashington

Reaction score
Lots of really good players on your list.

Here is my list off the top of my head
JPJ or Frazier
Trey Benson
Braelon Allen
Jaylon Wright
Cedric Gray
Will Shipley
Roman Wilson

Love Payton Wilson but feel like he will be injured a lot as the NFL inside is a rough business.

My pet cat is Cedric Gray.

I like Gray as well but not 2nd round

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you talk to Dan Hatman, he's a really good guy. He helped arrange for me to attend Cowboys training camp last year. I got to be on-the-field for the day. The Jones' walked by me and were talking. I almost bit my tongue off.

Also put me in touch with other NFL teams and college programss' personnel departments.
Wonder if he has any connections up in Canada. I have always wanted to learn more about scouting. Unfortunately living in Canada its hard. I am also pushing 40 so it may be too late.

Also. Love your list. I would love Issac Guerendo.

tm1119

Reaction score
1st Round
Chop Robinson- Not many human being on earth with his size and athletic ability. I know everyone harps on the lack of sacks on the stat sheet, but if you watch him play it’s easy to see the impact he had on nearly every game.

Jordan Morgan- His arms being 1” shorter than ideal doesn’t scare me as much as most. I think he has near elite foot speed and is technically sound to make up for that. Also brings a ton to the run game with the ability to get out in front and to the 2nd level. Think he has the floor of a very good

2nd Round
Zach Frazier- All of the reasons in the OP + the fact that he was an incredible HS wrestler.

Michael Hall JR- DT with cat like quickness that will make a living shooting gaps and getting into the backfield.

Marshawn Kneeland- At 6’3 267 he plays with a good combo of athleticism and power. I don’t think he’ll ever be a “war daddy” getting 12+ sacks, but I see a good bit of George Karlaftis in him.

3rd Round
Malik Washington- All of the traits of an elite slot WR. Get the ball in this kids hands and he will make plays

Masson Smith- He’s a bit of a gamble, but the raw traits are outstanding. Impressive combo of size/power and athletic ability. Could be a steal if his game/mentality come together.

Later
Ray Davis- Not a “wow” type of RB, buts he’s good everywhere and just knows how to get yards.

Luke McCaffery- I just think he’s going to figure it out and turn into a very good slot WR.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is he hurt? He sure dominated this season and in the combine. If you consider him hurt, is Benson hurt? Is Zach Frazier hurt?
How is it everyone knew his point but you? Hahaha.

rambo2

Reaction score
Everyone with half a brain knew exactly what he was talking about. He's talking about his injury history.

How is it everyone else in this thread knew exactly his point and you didn't? LOL. And then after having it explained to you, you went and did it again. Hahahahaha.
Lol, I knew what he was saying.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Like many of the guys you mentioned.

Either Fautanu or Fuaga, would be fantastic. Have known of Fautanu since his high school days, as he played at Liberty HS in my area. He remains a favorite.

Barton is my favorite 1st round IOL.

Like Fiske, Wilson, and Frazier. Suamataia has enticing traits and I can see a bit of the Tyler Smith parallels.
Coleman is among a few 2nd round WR's I wouldn't be mad at.

The top 3 RB's seem to be slotted in the 2nd - 3rd rounds, and I like all three.

A pet cat that's most often earmarked for the 3rd, is DT DeWayne Carter.

Some in the 4th - 7th:

- RB: Ray Davis, Guerendo, Tracy, Ali
- DE Cedric Johnson (6-3/260, 33-1/2" arms ... combine: 4.63 40, 38" vert, 10'2" broad jump ... 22 TFL's and 19 sacks for career in SEC)
- CB Elijah Jones
- C/G: Hunter Nourzad, Nick Gargiulo, Jacob Monk
- DB Trey Taylor (hometown is Frisco, cousin of Ed Reed, Thorpe Award winner and won the Pat Tillman award at Shrine bowl)
I like Carter in the third. I'd definitely be willing to take a chance on Sweat in the third as well if he falls because of the concerns about him. I know he's got some issues, but when you're swinging for home runs, you've can't square to bunt. Carter would be the safer option characterwise, so I'd have no problem with Dallas going with him over Sweat if both are there. If not and Sweat is in freefall, I'd snatch him out of the air.

ccb04

Reaction score
I like Carter in the third. I'd definitely be willing to take a chance on Sweat in the third as well if he falls because of the concerns about him. I know he's got some issues, but when you're swinging for home runs, you've can't square to bunt. Carter would be the safer option characterwise, so I'd have no problem with Dallas going with him over Sweat if both are there. If not and Sweat is in freefall, I'd snatch him out of the air.
Agree on Sweat. Would be a tough decision if both were on the board. Carter is pet cat, but Sweat's potential impact vs the run & helping to keep the LB's clean, is certainly hard to ignore. As you mentioned, character favors Carter, as does potential three down ability & pass rush upside.