One word: Reach

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
This franchise continues to have a different grading scale for the draft. That would be fine, if it produces playoff wins but Dallas knows that has not happen for closing in on three decades.
Sure, there are those that will say, look at all the Pro-Bowl "success" the Cowboys have drafted in the 1st round. Maybe better than any organization.
My rebuttal to that: Do not care about personal players achievements !

This franchise is equivalent to the Detroit Lions/Cleveland Browns in how poor they are in playoff wins
The bottom of the barrel. The 3 WORST teams in producing playoff wins in 3 decades. Don't care about Pro-Bowls, 1,000 rushing yards, receiving yards, interceptions, TD passes, sacks, tackles, etc.....

WIN playoff games.........period.

Dallas draft appears have ingredients of either reaching for a player and/or taking player and then using him differently than what he did in college. Draft a LB and use him at DE. Draft a OT and move him to guard or opposite his position say RG to LG. The NFL is a big learning adjustment to begin with and then to apply these rookies in a different position is another animal.

Now, over the years, the Cowboys also love to draft grades that fall to the 2nd rd because of "issues" and once again, the team takes another "issue" 2nd rounder. There is a reason why Dallas has been horrible with past 2nd rounders. Then little success with 5th rounders and later.

This draft strategy, along with sub par/poor coaching, has crippled this organization for far too long.

I think the coaching is a bigger problem than the draft strategy. They have talent.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
This franchise continues to have a different grading scale for the draft. That would be fine, if it produces playoff wins but Dallas knows that has not happen for closing in on three decades.
Sure, there are those that will say, look at all the Pro-Bowl "success" the Cowboys have drafted in the 1st round. Maybe better than any organization.
My rebuttal to that: Do not care about personal players achievements !

This franchise is equivalent to the Detroit Lions/Cleveland Browns in how poor they are in playoff wins
The bottom of the barrel. The 3 WORST teams in producing playoff wins in 3 decades. Don't care about Pro-Bowls, 1,000 rushing yards, receiving yards, interceptions, TD passes, sacks, tackles, etc.....

WIN playoff games.........period.

Dallas draft appears have ingredients of either reaching for a player and/or taking player and then using him differently than what he did in college. Draft a LB and use him at DE. Draft a OT and move him to guard or opposite his position say RG to LG. The NFL is a big learning adjustment to begin with and then to apply these rookies in a different position is another animal.

Now, over the years, the Cowboys also love to draft grades that fall to the 2nd rd because of "issues" and once again, the team takes another "issue" 2nd rounder. There is a reason why Dallas has been horrible with past 2nd rounders. Then little success with 5th rounders and later.

This draft strategy, along with sub par/poor coaching, has crippled this organization for far too long.
Awwwwwww.

lqmac1

Reaction score
It’s like the great Conor McGregor once said..

“Who the **** is that guy?!”

DanA

Reaction score
There’s a thousand steps to building a Super Bowl winning team and undoubtably, we’ve taken many wrong steps, I just don’t believe that overall many the wrong steps relate to how we draft.

For the most part, i think free agency and coaching have been the issue.

Reactions: CWR

Haimerej

Reaction score
I see the usual suspects are rushing to defend ownership that averages a wild card playoff win every decade. Jerry and his ego thank you from the bottom of his wallet.

I personally like the ones who say the FO is the main issue and then praise all the moves the front office makes.

DanA

Reaction score
I personally like the ones who say the FO is the main issue and then praise all the moves the front office makes.

• The front office let Garrett remain coach for a decade.
  • The front office re-signed Dez, Jaylon, Zeke to bad contracts
  • The front office has signed one good free agent (Kearse) in a decade from outside the organization.
I was shouting out for Ramsey and TJ Watt rather than Zeke and Taco but otherwise the front Office has barely out a foot wrong in the draft. By all objective measures they’ve punched above their weight drafting.

Reactions: CWR