Only if we get Dak Prescott back can our offense reach their full potential

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It's a shame Dak Prescott played less than 1/3 of a year. He still has more touchdown passes than Cam Newton, who's played the entire year. Patriots fans made me aware of this fact.

If you think we were putting up a crazy offensive rout before Dak got injured, think how amazing we can be next year when Gallup and Lamb gets better. Gallup and Lamb are not Julio Jones yet. But Julio Jones wasn't Julio Jones until his 4th year.... a year that Gallup and Lamb haven't even reached yet. Lamb recorded his only two 100 yard games when Dak was playing. Cooper had as many 100 yard games with Dak in 5 games than he did with Dalton who's played in twice as many games.

Case in point... Atlanta Falcons. When they signed Matt Ryan following their great run in 2012.... they went 4-12, 6-10, and 8-8 the next 3 years. But in 2016, their offense finally reached their full potential and went to the Super Bowl.

2021 could be our Atlanta Falcons 2016 year. I know what people are gonna say: "that's just optimistic thinking. They say that every single year" But the only shot we have of even obtaining that type of optimistic thinking is by signing Dak Prescott. Without Dak Prescott, there's not a shred of chance of even having that type of optimism, however pessimistic the extent of your viewpoint is. The next guy simply cannot put up the kind of offense Dak can like we saw.

He was lighting it up in his 5 games here. Only the Rams were able to keep him down, but they have a top defense it's no wonder they held him to only 3 points in the 2nd half. Look what they did to Russell Wilson last Saturday... they made him look like Tim Tebow. Dak played the big boy portion of our schedule.... that's why he went 2-3. He didn't play the guys Andy Dalton did..... that is 1 team with a winning record.

Our offense will leave history in the dust next year!

Wait...

Dont you need to actually beat the big boys to win the big game ?

I am confused.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am sure they will keep Dak this season but he isn’t the only web that could lead this offense, I don’t know who will be out there but there will be someone
"This season" is over and the postseason is in progress. Do you mean "next season"? We can't read your mind but it seems you are talking about next season.

Batman1980

Reaction score
tumblr_ntffoabq0P1qeidy7o2_500.gifv

triplets_93

Reaction score
Only if we get Dak Prescott back can our offense reach their full potential

I disagree.

Hey, did you see How Big Ben lit it up in their game vs. the Bills???

Dak, whatever his strong points are, simply does not have what it takes to win in the big games. I doubt he will ever play in a Championship Game.

catiii

Reaction score
It's a shame Dak Prescott played less than 1/3 of a year. He still has more touchdown passes than Cam Newton, who's played the entire year. Patriots fans made me aware of this fact.

If you think we were putting up a crazy offensive rout before Dak got injured, think how amazing we can be next year when Gallup and Lamb gets better. Gallup and Lamb are not Julio Jones yet. But Julio Jones wasn't Julio Jones until his 4th year.... a year that Gallup and Lamb haven't even reached yet. Lamb recorded his only two 100 yard games when Dak was playing. Cooper had as many 100 yard games with Dak in 5 games than he did with Dalton who's played in twice as many games.

Case in point... Atlanta Falcons. When they signed Matt Ryan following their great run in 2012.... they went 4-12, 6-10, and 8-8 the next 3 years. But in 2016, their offense finally reached their full potential and went to the Super Bowl.

2021 could be our Atlanta Falcons 2016 year. I know what people are gonna say: "that's just optimistic thinking. They say that every single year" But the only shot we have of even obtaining that type of optimistic thinking is by signing Dak Prescott. Without Dak Prescott, there's not a shred of chance of even having that type of optimism, however pessimistic the extent of your viewpoint is. The next guy simply cannot put up the kind of offense Dak can like we saw.

He was lighting it up in his 5 games here. Only the Rams were able to keep him down, but they have a top defense it's no wonder they held him to only 3 points in the 2nd half. Look what they did to Russell Wilson last Saturday... they made him look like Tim Tebow. Dak played the big boy portion of our schedule.... that's why he went 2-3. He didn't play the guys Andy Dalton did..... that is 1 team with a winning record.

Won't matter who plays QB if we don't get help in the trenches on both sides starting with a NT named "Engine Block" :eek::D and starting to rebuild the aging OL. We can score points but if we let the other team score more, then it's only a shootout with stats and a Loss.:( The D did show a bit more hustle in a couple games near the end with some takeaways which is a positive sign.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
All of those stats don’t translate to wins . Dak’s two wins ,that you proudly point out , had nothing to do with Dak’s play. One win was the result of Atlanta’s special teams mistake and Dalton secured the other win. If they overpay a Dak like they are expected to do, the offense will start losing valuable players because they can’t afford the supporting players and Dak’s contract.
“DURRRRR DA WIN HAD NUTTIN TO DO WITH DAK’S PLAY!!!”

Dallas scored 30 points in the 2nd half against Atlanta behind 4 Dak TDs. But yeah, that had NOTHING to do with the win.

Don’t hurt yourself trying to understand this sport.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I want to see the offense be more efficient and effective early in the game and not go long stretches without scoring. Revamp the running scheme and keep teams guessing. Move the ball and keep defense off the field.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well, get use to Dak. He’ll be here for a long time. I suggest you go root for the Chiefs.

Oh I'm sure he will, because we have an airhead who pretends to play GM. It should be fun watching this team continue to crap the bed while folks like you slavishly defend Dak based on his stats while the team has a losing record LOL.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I want to see the offense be more efficient and effective early in the game and not go long stretches without scoring. Revamp the running scheme and keep teams guessing. Move the ball and keep defense off the field.

You didn't like all that efficiency this year where they would turn the ball over 3 times before the half and get into a hole?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure he will, because we have an airhead who pretends to play GM. It should be fun watching this team continue to crap the bed while folks like you slavishly defend Dak based on his stats while the team has a losing record LOL.
I'm sure you'll be rooting for the same.