Only Jerry Jones could do this. And our fans will eat it up

If you are referencing my lack of interest in chatting w fake rockport 2.0 then yes, you would be right. So funny that you think people around here don’t know who you really are. We do.
Hey, I don't get the reference "fake rockport 2.0"? Can you explaine what you mean? I don't think there are anyone on this earth that acts like Rockport does, he hates himself.
 
The way I see it is that there is no calvary coming to save this defense this season. Secondary and pass rush both need help. A better pass rush would help the secondary but unless it is dominant it won't help this secondary enough this year to make a real difference. The existing pash rush has a better chance to improve as the season goes than the secondary does although likely not enough to make a real difference.

I wouldn't have minded if this trade was for legitimate help in the pass rush but I also don't mind that it was for legitimate help in the secondary.

It really doesn't matter on this team at this time which concerns are getting attention first. At least the biggest concerns are being addressed.
 
Hey, I don't get the reference "fake rockport 2.0"? Can you explaine what you mean? I don't think there are anyone on this earth that acts like Rockport does, he hates himself.
That guy was as big of a homer as Rockport forever. I don’t know when he decided to pretend like he wasn’t some massive homer. But now all of a sudden he’s gone full 180. There is nothing genuine about it
 
That guy was as big of a homer as Rockport forever. I don’t know when he decided to pretend like he wasn’t some massive homer. But now all of a sudden he’s gone full 180. There is nothing genuine about it
Oh, ok, I get what you mean, but I don't agree with you. Nobody should be compared to that knucklehead Rockport, not even roach!
 
What pass rusher do you want them to get? Before you answer, look at their stats for the season and ask yourself if it makes sense.
 
Only the Dallas Cowboys could look at a defense with TWO sacks in three games and decide the missing piece was a cornerback.

Not a pass rusher.

Not someone who can collapse the pocket.

Not someone capable of making a quarterback feel even mildly inconvenienced.

A cornerback.

The Cowboys have zero sacks over the last two games. Opposing quarterbacks have enough time in the pocket to make a sandwich, check their email, update their fantasy lineup and then wait for somebody to come open.

So Jerry Jones looked at that mess and said, “You know what would fix this? Let’s trade a future second-round pick for Joey Porter Jr.”

Brilliant.

That’s like watching your house burn down and ordering a new doorbell.

Porter is at his best when he can get physical and play press-man coverage. Dallas plays a zone-heavy system roughly 70 percent of the time.

So naturally, the Cowboys traded premium draft capital for a corner whose best skill doesn’t match the defense they currently run.

Either change the scheme or explain what the hell the plan is.

Because right now, the plan appears to be asking Porter to cover receivers for nine seconds while the defensive line politely waits for the quarterback to finish reading the entire field.

And it gets better.

Porter hasn’t played a single game this season because of a back injury. He is in the final year of his rookie contract and reportedly wants more than $30 million per season.

Dallas gave up a 2028 second-round pick and a 2027 sixth-round pick for the privilege of inheriting the injury, the contract dispute and the questionable scheme fit.

Oh, and Porter has committed 38 penalties in three seasons.

That part actually makes perfect sense.

Dallas led the NFL with 133 accepted penalties last season, so at least they found someone who already understands the culture.

Welcome to the Cowboys, Joey. Your jersey, locker and weekly holding penalty are ready.

To be clear, Porter is a talented player. He could absolutely improve this secondary.

But cornerback was not the fire currently burning down the building.

The fire is a pass rush with two sacks in three games and none since Week 1. The fire is opposing quarterbacks standing comfortably in the pocket until someone eventually gets open. The fire is a defense that cannot finish a pressure, end a drive or get off the field when it matters.

A great corner can help a pass rush by making the quarterback hold the ball longer.

But eventually, somebody still has to sack him.

Dallas apparently forgot that part.

This is what the Cowboys always do. They make the loud move instead of the logical move. Jerry gets a recognizable name, the media gets a week of content and fans are expected to pretend the defense has been fixed.

Meanwhile, the pass rush still couldn’t get home if you gave it a GPS and paid for the tolls.

Only the Dallas Cowboys could have no pass rush, run a zone-heavy defense and solve both problems by trading a premium pick for an injured press-man corner who needs a massive new contract.

Jerry Jones isn’t building a defense.

He’s collecting names.
That's not what our defense coordinator Parker said about Porter. He said he fits well, thank you, coach.OP I trust Parker than I would trust you original poster.
 
That’s like watching your house burn down and ordering a new doorbell.
That can be a helpful reminder of your goal to build a new house. Then, after installing your new doorbell in your new house you can say to everyone gathered around, "It all started with this here little dream. Now get off my property!"
 
I don’t disagree with your takes. I’m fine w people having issues w this franchise. I have my own issues w them. But it doesn’t come across sincere from you. Especially when you were 180 degrees in the other direction before
He hasn’t been a ‘homer’ in well over a decade ago. As far as I remember, he has always disliked Jerry :muttley:
 
I don’t disagree with your takes. I’m fine w people having issues w this franchise. I have my own issues w them. But it doesn’t come across sincere from you. Especially when you were 180 degrees in the other direction before
OK well I could not care less if you think I am sincere or not ............ I hate Jerry Jones ....... and have hated him since they day I realized what he really is ........ Hostile does not like me anymore either because he loves Jones ....... and I am fine with that.
 
Yeah with all the injuries in the secondary I can't find fault with adding a good player t the back end. I would also argue that if the QBs they have faced were lesser athletes the defense would have 3-4 times as many sacks. They were all around Dart, Mariota and Daniels in the first two games but just couldn't close the deal more often than not. And no sane person is going to sit here and argue that Jackson is not a better athlete than those other three. They forced him to move around and take off a few times too. I think when they face a couple of "ordinary" athlete QBs the sack numbers will go up. There's a reason why most every team is trying to acquire an athletic QB... Nobody wants a statue unless he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,969
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top