Only way to win is to build a great defense

Cebrin

Reaction score
You are not going to outscore the Chiefs.
They have a HOF QB, a HOF TE, a HOF WR, and one of the best offensive coaches ever.
Bills tried to outscore them and they couldnt.
Tampa won last year because of their defense. Mahomes was helped against their front, constantly pressured and was scrambling for his life every play.
Cowboys always try to build these "offensive" teams without getting a strong defense and never works.
Cowboys have spent so much on offense yet have mediocre players compared to KC.
The OL for the Cheifs was awful kast year. That's why they lost.

Look, bottom line this we never had consistent play in run or pass. I'll be called a Dak lover, but it is what it is.

(For what it's worth I see it)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More times than not. Almost always, dominant D will win you a Super Bowl! What happened to Mahomes vs TB’s dominant D In last years Superbowl?
Tom Brady isn't an elite QB? Tampa Bay had the luxury of having a great defense AND an elite QB last year.

What happened with the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl? The Chiefs had the elite QB, the 49ers had the dominate defense, but not an elite QB. The elite QB was the difference.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I partially agree, but when you have Dak as a QB, you’re forced to have all stars around him on offense just to function. Unless they fix the o-line and run game, a great defense won’t really matter imo

I agree with this. You beat a team like KC by having a great O-line and running game that chews up the clock, keeping Mahommes on the sidelines. Then when he finally does play, he's not in sync as your high quality D keeps the pressure on him and can create turnovers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tom Brady isn't an elite QB? Tampa Bay had the luxury of having a great defense AND an elite QB last year.

What happened with the 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl? The Chiefs had the elite QB, the 49ers had the dominate defense, but not an elite QB. The elite QB was the difference.
More like Kyle's play calling was the difference. Dude simply cannot play w/ a lead. Did the same thing w/ the Falcons vs NE.

kskboys

Reaction score
The OL for the Cheifs was awful kast year. That's why they lost.

Look, bottom line this we never had consistent play in run or pass. I'll be called a Dak lover, but it is what it is.

(For what it's worth I see it)
BS. Our D would not have taken advantage of their OL. TB had the D to do so.