Onside Kick

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
Was it me or did our guys stand around the 25 (and not running towards the 30) when Buehler kicked the ball?

It was particularly embarrassing when compared to Tennessee's brilliant kick.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
They obviously saw something on film last weekn and thought it was worth a shot. If it worked, they'd be brilliant.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;3571099 said:
not the one after the td in the 1st half.
the onside kick near the end of the game.

oh my bad I have heard the other one called an onsides kick all day I didnt see the one at the end I was to busy fuming

jimmy40

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;3571078 said:
Was it me or did our guys stand around the 25 (and not running towards the 30) when Buehler kicked the ball?

It was particularly embarrassing when compared to Tennessee's brilliant kick.
I think the Bears just did a good job blocking so their guy had an uncontested recovery plus I think the kick bounced a little farther than he wanted.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
IT didnt matter what we did because their defense had no fear of us.

Also who do you send the thank you card for Romo getting mugged and no penalty but Cutler got all the calls his way?

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
I wish that's the only officiating problem for the game.

1. On the 4th and inches at the end of the first half, have you ever seen the refs spot the ball for a first down even before the play starts?

2. Were the going to blow the whistle on RW once 11 Bears mugged him?

Venger

Reaction score
They did it to try and make the Bears unsure of which side it was going to. They did move forward with Buehler. They just didn't get a running head start.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Onside kicks only look brilliant when they work. Look dumb when they don't. If the Saints failed to recover the onside kick in the Super Bowl, people would have called Payton an idiot.

hutch1254

Reaction score
The pooch kick after the Dez punt returned that Wade said they "aimed at a #71" was poor. I have to admit I liked the idea at first because the D was killing Cutler and thought we'd continue to do so. Immediately they went threw two passes using practically a 1 step drop and killed the idea of the pooch kick.

The onside kick at the end was really poor. We didn't line anyone up to sprint at it, no good bounce either. Detroit Lions executed a great onside kick today. Had 5 gunners lined up on one side and layed the wood to the defenders and got the ball. Ours looked like a few little boys trying not to get hurt.