Open Question to the Forum

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If in fact we do have an uncapped year, what would be the implications of taking all the huge contracts we have on the books for older players and accelerating them? IE, Larry Allen, Rivera and all the rest. It would seem to me that it would be a golden opportunity to pay off all these huge contracts and get ourselves in excellent shape for the future years without having to cut these guys. I believe that eventually, we will have a salary cap again in the NFL but we might see a window of opportunity for about a year or so. Does this make sense or am I just talking out of my arse here?

I vote talking out of arse myself.

:laugh2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
If in fact we do have an uncapped year, what would be the implications of taking all the huge contracts we have on the books for older players and accelerating them? IE, Larry Allen, Rivera and all the rest. It would seem to me that it would be a golden opportunity to pay off all these huge contracts and get ourselves in excellent shape for the future years without having to cut these guys. I believe that eventually, we will have a salary cap again in the NFL but we might see a window of opportunity for about a year or so. Does this make sense or am I just talking out of my arse here?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/hosted/abqc.jpg :D

VirusX

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

If we go uncapped we will not go back under caps unless we have a lockout even then it would be hard to get players to go capped.

Oh and!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/hosted/abqc.jpg

:lmao:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

I'm following you man. This was my point in another thread. There will be a cap in the NFL eventually. Tags loves his parity too much to live without a cap now. I don't think the players are opposed to a cap, it's just the numbers thing.

As for the accelerating of contracts, that's a great idea. I'm sure the NFL would have something to say about it, but it seems to be win-win for the teams and the players... The players get their money now when they could be cut and receive nothing, and the teams get out from under these huge contracts.

royhitshard

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

:huh: :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I vote talking out the arse...always makes me laugh.:D

But I still like you anyways.:cool:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score