SOLB - Spencer
SILB - Ayodele
WILB - Carpenter
WOLB - Ware
CB1 - Newman
CB2 - Henry
SS - ROY
FS - Hamlin

So yeah - I pretty nearly copied last year. Sue me.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1481490 said:
I don't think we'll win if we only roll out 10 starters on offense.

Maybe, but Tony D. could get 99 1/2 yards on a run...Although we did lose that game :)

cowboysafty

Reaction score
i think that most of the rookies that got picked up are going to be playing most of the 4 games so we can get them fiigured in and find out who will be sitting and watching for a season and who will actually be playing this year i think most of are rookies could give some of are starting players are a good run for there money and possible a couple of rookies starting this season

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1481503 said:
James will still start IMO, but everything else looks right.

Martin or Folk?

I think it's possible, I just hope that Carp can beat him out.

At LB, if he hasn't shown it in 4 years, he isn't going to.

sago1

Reaction score
Not ready to conceed starting OLB role to Spencer yet. We need to see enough of him to know how well he can do against the run. It's more likely he comes in initially as a situation pass rusher who then sees more action as he gets acclimated to the NFL. But whether it will be Ellis or Carp who alternates with him will be intriguing. Also will Bradie James resume his good play of 05 with Dat's assistance or what Carp start there and what will be Burnett's role? This sounds like a soap opera -- the Young and the Restless.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
From what I hear of Spencer, he is better at run coverage than pass rush, which is amazing to hear.

As far as Bradie James play of 05, I guess I'm still the only one who was unimpressed then as well.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think Hatcher- if he replaces anyone as a starter- will replace Spears.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
burmafrd;1481614 said:

I chose him replacing Canty just because I saw Canty as the least likely to be an effective pass rusher, and I figured Wade would prefer spears out there.

That being said, I hope you are right, because I prefer Canty to Spears.

kevsstang

Reaction score
I think we will be very happy with the performance of our defense. I think Spears and Canty will have great years being that Parcells is gone. Parcells did Spears specifically an injustice by having him read and react to the OT. We have a top 5 defense. Parcells was also very impatient with our players and didn't give people a chance per say to develop.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
burmafrd;1481614 said:

I'm honestly expecting to see Spears become a disrupting force this year. The person that has played the last two years is not the same player that we drafted.

Go back and watch him at LSU and the man was a force to be reackon with.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
numnuts23;1481699 said:
I'm honestly expecting to see Spears become a disrupting force this year. The person that has played the last two years is not the same player that we drafted.

Go back and watch him at LSU and the man was a force to be reackon with.

Spears has thrown Parcells under the bus over and over since Wade has been hired... I am optimistic it is the truth and not an excuse.

We shall see.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I think you will see an oline like this

Colombo - RT
Davis - RG
Gurode - C
McQuistan - LG he is being moved to guard like his twin brother
Adams - LT

folks that is a lot of beef up front..

I think Kosier becomes your swing guy who can play guard and center and maybe even a little tackle in a pinch

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Spears in a scheme that plays to his strengths. Hopefully he's the beast we thought he was when we drafted him.