opening kickoff out of bounds - who knew right then and there...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
that we were losing the game.

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight" as that play was an endictment on the entire season and probably the entire Tuna run here. stupid plays that repeat themselves.

if we can't kick in bounds, how could we cover anyone and fix mistakes burying us for the last 4 weeks?

i know the game just began but it was ominous and telling of what would come. i'm not a doom/gloomer or superstitious.

anyone else think the same?

Cliff

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight" as that play was an endictment on the entire season and probably the entire Tuna run here. stupid plays that repeat themselves.

if we can't kick in bounds, how could we cover anyone and fix mistakes burying us for the last 4 weeks?

i know the game just began but it was ominous and telling of what would come. i'm not a doom/gloomer or superstitious.

a telling omen - chill did run up my spine

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I didn't.

It wasn't till the fumble and the safety. Then after that I got the sense that we were going to lose this game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
kojak;1300582 said:
I didn't.

It wasn't till the fumble and the safety. Then after that I got the sense that we were going to lose this game.

I thought that then but Julius' run got me thinking we have it in the bag.

Talk about see saw 4th, highs of Roy's INT, lows of the Stevens' TD, high of the Julius run and first down to Witten to the low of a reversal and fumbled snap.

After the fumbled snap, I couldn't even sit down, I was walking all over the place, kicking things.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:

No did not think that would determine how the game would go. I felt we did have some guys step up in this game on defense and they did create turnovers that the offense was unable to capitalize on. For all the heat the defense has taken I felt they did a pretty decent job in this game. Not saying the played perfect but they created big plays that we did not take advantage of.

superpunk

Reaction score
I always base how the game's going to go on the opening kickoff.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight"

:laugh2: :laugh2:

You saw ONE play and you felt we were going to lose ??

:banghead:

JPM

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1300604 said:

not only 1 play, but the first play.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
even after JJ's run i had no doubt Seattle would march down for at least a FG and very possibly a TD and 2-pt conversion.

others mentioned it among but when romo botched the snap i didn't bat an eye or get upset as i knew 1 minute was plenty for a few first downs and josh brown (FG).

i don't base the game on the kickoff, rather repeat trends and tendancies. this game was our season and last year too in a nutshell.

always an inch or two short literally and figuratively.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
15k combined posts and that is the best you can come up with collectively.

where is the banghead and laugh smileys

seattle with ball on the 40, soft porous D we need to protect, sorry we were almost at check barring some miraculous performance (and we got a K return folks).

WV Cowboy;1300604 said:

JPM;1300612 said:
not only 1 play, but the first play.

superpunk;1300600 said:
I always base how the game's going to go on the opening kickoff.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
chinch;1300626 said:

So you are saying that when we were up 20-13, and had just held them on a goal-line stand, you were thinking, "if we just hadn't kicked the opening KO out of bounds, we might have won this thing."

That's ridiculous.

:laugh2: :bang2:

superpunk

Reaction score
chinch;1300626 said:
15k combined posts and that is the best you can come up with collectively.

seattle with ball on the 40, soft porous D we need to protect, sorry we were almost at check barring some miraculous performance (and we got a K return folks).
Ridiculous threads get ridiculous responses.

I'd have expected more from someone with however many posts you have. :rolleyes:

munkee

Reaction score
Yeah, seemed like a bad way to start. I had an even worse feeling just before that kick. I even told my wife that they would totally screw that kick up, just before the disaster. I'm not a superstitous man, so I will chalk it up to an overall feeling of pessimism that has pervaded the Cowboy community or at minimum me.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
chinch;1300614 said:
even after JJ's run i had no doubt Seattle would march down for at least a FG and very possibly a TD and 2-pt conversion.

others mentioned it among but when romo botched the snap i didn't bat an eye or get upset as i knew 1 minute was plenty for a few first downs and josh brown (FG).

I agree, I felt the same way. I have seen it a lot, and not just by the Cowboys.

Look at the Giants yesterday.

What is up with that ?

Is it the prevent defense ?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
kojak;1300582 said:
I didn't.

Have you recovered from the this is our country drinking game? :D

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1300666 said:
So you are saying that when we were up 20-13, and had just held them on a goal-line stand, you were thinking, "if we just hadn't kicked the opening KO out of bounds, we might have won this thing."

That's ridiculous.

:laugh2: :bang2:
some of you keyboard cowboys need hand holding thru everything it seems

obviously didn't KNOW we were losing but i had a strong FEELING i rarely get watching sports. maybe this is beyond what some of you guys experience so then please don't post like a know-it-all smarta$$ :)

the entire game i felt we were the "same ol" from the Kickoff, next the TO drop (no 1st down, defense right back out), Witten fumble... do i need to continue?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
On the Owens "drop", had it been anyone but Owens, he would have been cut slack. Romo fired it at him before he was looking. Sanders on NFL Network said Owens was clearing out the LBs like he was supposed to do and could not have been expecting the throw as he wasn't looking at it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1300604 said:

I certainly felt that on the first play from scrimmage in the Detroit game w/ the bs penalty