opening kickoff out of bounds - who knew right then and there...

superpunk

Reaction score
chinch;1300720 said:
some of you keyboard cowboys need hand holding thru everything it seems

Might want to hold off. I've been looking at Alba pictures online. I've got a little anointing oil on my hand.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
chinch;1300720 said:
some of you keyboard cowboys need hand holding thru everything it seems

obviously didn't KNOW we were losing but i had a strong FEELING i rarely get watching sports. maybe this is beyond what some of you guys experience so then please don't post like a know-it-all smarta$$ :)

the entire game i felt we were the "same ol" from the Kickoff, next the TO drop (no 1st down, defense right back out), Witten fumble... do i need to continue?
You posted:

who knew right then and there that we were losing the game.

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight"

I thought that meant you knew it, not that you had a strong feeling.

Ok, well, you got me there, ... I'm not psychic, I didn't know we would lose after one play, .. of course I'm just a keyboard cowboy that needs my hand held.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought that was a silly reaction after one play, and a silly thing to say, but I'm just a "know it all smarta$$".

I can't wait until I get "football smart" enough to know after the opening kickoff who will win.

:laugh2:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Didn't make me think we were going to lose...But it did piss me off.

Just kick the damn ball down the middle and let the Special teams make the tackle.

Unless you're kicking to Miles Austin.:D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1300666 said:
So you are saying that when we were up 20-13, and had just held them on a goal-line stand, you were thinking, "if we just hadn't kicked the opening KO out of bounds, we might have won this thing."

That's ridiculous.

:laugh2: :bang2:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Too many guys get these funny feelings about winning and losing over the most inconsequential and irrelevant things.

It may be that bad enchilada from Taco Bell actually. ;)

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:
that we were losing the game.

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight" as that play was an endictment on the entire season and probably the entire Tuna run here. stupid plays that repeat themselves.

if we can't kick in bounds, how could we cover anyone and fix mistakes burying us for the last 4 weeks?

i know the game just began but it was ominous and telling of what would come. i'm not a doom/gloomer or superstitious.

anyone else think the same?

Yes, I had the same feeling. But, it went away when I thought the defense was going to play Saturday night. Little did I know the offense would shut down.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1300862 said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Too many guys get these funny feelings about winning and losing over the most inconsequential and irrelevant things.

It may be that bad enchilada from Taco Bell actually. ;)

not me... haven't been in a taco bell in over a decade.... and i don't get these "funny feelings" often... just on rare occasion watching sports. sat night was one of them i'm not going to lie. :(

burmafrd

Reaction score
I knew when JJ did not score on that run we were in trouble. I had all along believed that we needed a big game from JJ to win- and while we got a real good one, it was not the BIG one we needed. Raf on his blog found the stat that for all the great media coverage MB3 was getting- he was only 10 of 20 for 3rd and 4th and short for conversions. That was the lowest percentage of any back in the NFL. A lot of that came on the last few games. Our O line did not step up and that in the end killed us.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1300705 said:
Have you recovered from the this is our country drinking game? :D

:lmao:

I sorta got into a little trouble. But I wont say it was just from the beer. The game had a little do with that little episode I had the other night.

Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:

i saw that and to be honest the first thing i said was "we're not winning tonight" as that play was an endictment on the entire season and probably the entire Tuna run here. stupid plays that repeat themselves.

if we can't kick in bounds, how could we cover anyone and fix mistakes burying us for the last 4 weeks?

i know the game just began but it was ominous and telling of what would come. i'm not a doom/gloomer or superstitious.

i actually thought we were going to get blown out.

i wasn't at all disappointed in the turnout...:confused:

CoCo

Reaction score
chinch;1300565 said:

I can tell you that if you were a player on my team and felt that way after 1 play that I wouldn't want you on my team. Can I say that in a respectful way? I really mean no disrespect.

Now I do think its a stupid way to start a game, by putting your D right in a hole from the start. Just stupid. But worse than that would be for anyone on the team to dwell on it and let it impact the plays thereafter and your reaction tells me that is just what you would have done.

Its actually a very easy thing to do when you have been fed frustration for a long period of time. You begin to expect bad things and look for the negative in things rather than the positive.

DipChit

Reaction score
I didnt truly have those feelings creep in until Barber got stuffed on that 3rd and inches. If we coulda got 7 outta that drive it woulda been huge.. 11 point lead.

Even then one TD by them could only tie it though.. so I really became concerned after the safety. Now one TD actually does takes the lead.. and givin em the ball at the 50.

At that point I kinda figured we were screwed...and well, yeah.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I knew it would lead to points, but I didn't think it would cost us the game.

zeromaster

Reaction score
The FGs after the INTs and especially the 3-and-out at the start of the second half put the wind up my back. We had the momentum of a highlight-quality effort to get in the endzone at halftime too.

So many opportunities slipped by. Get a TD on just one of those and we might be speculating about the Bears.

Oh well...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i didn't have an overt CONCERN (it was obviously not somethign insermountable... we were down 14-0 on the road vs CAR) just a feeling of deja vu where the outcome was like a predetermined fate... can't explain it. obviously i was concerned as you guys said above the witten fumble, to drop, barber stop, glenn obviously... this was different.

CoCo;1301059 said:
I can tell you that if you were a player on my team and felt that way after 1 play that I wouldn't want you on my team. Can I say that in a respectful way? I really mean no disrespect.
i agree but as a player you wouldn't notice or care. if our defense said "oh s!t, seattle's on the 40 lets hold them only to a FG" i'd say we had no chance. as a player you'd be getting your helmet on (like hasselback didn't see romo's muff hold), etc.

i'm talking about a feeling from WATCHING the TV

I'm sure the coaches were very annoyed, especially as is foreshadowed things to come while they stood on teh sidelines helpless (fumbles, etc)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
kojak;1300582 said:
I didn't.

It wasn't till the fumble and the safety. Then after that I got the sense that we were going to lose this game.

Yup the safety did it for me... then their TD confirmed it... then IT happened....:bang2: