Opinion: Dalton choose Dallas to start not to be backup

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’m a cast off from the ranch. I was on there since 2004 until about 2 years ago, I came here. A few of the mods over there just became too much. The whole experience really cut my time/ attention down on any sports message board.

To answer your question- I don’t follow anyone in here. I assume from your question that if I read up on people in here, I’d have known about that guy’s opinion on the subject.

Since it was a blind shot.....did I hit the mark?

He's PERPETUALLY sarcastic. It's hard to determine when he's serious and when he's being sarcastic - which is usually 97 percent of the time.

You don't have to know everyone here, but Risen Star is a special breed. Get to know him, or he'll forever be yanking your chain. :laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
5 other teams were interested in Dalton but he choose Dallas because he felt it was his best option to start. This goes against narrative that he will just be good boy and hold clipboard for Dak....na he came to start!
You are being extremely presumptuous with this original post. Plus you don't even acknowledge the real reason he was drawn to the Dallas area... and it had nothing to do with Dak Prescott. Andy Dalton is from Katy TX and played for TCU. He lives in the DFW area.

With this mandated distancing and shelter at home, it makes the most sense for him to seek NFL employment with the local NFL team since that is his occupation of choice. The "narrative" that Dalton is a good boy and will hold a clipboard for Dak is no narrative at all, it is the reality of the situation. You seem to want to reinvent who Andy is and assign him motivations that we just don't have any evidence that they exist. He has never been offered the starting QB position or told he could compete for that job, so what makes you think he could just choose to come to Dallas to be the starting QB? You wish he could start.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He said it was his best chance to start. Or you think this. He also lives in Dallas. How much did he get offered by other places..

I heard he actually turned down more money elsewhere because they already own a house here and wanted to live here.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You are being extremely presumptuous with this original post. Plus you don't even acknowledge the real reason he was drawn to the Dallas area... and it had nothing to do with Dak Prescott. Andy Dalton is from Katy TX and played for TCU. He lives in the DFW area.
With this mandated distancing and shelter at home, it makes the most sense for him to seek NFL employment with the local NFL team since that is his occupation of choice. The "narrative" that Dalton is a good boy and will hold a clipboard for Dak is no narrative at all, it is the reality of the situation. You seem to want to reinvent who Andy is and assign him motivations that we just don't have any evidence that they exist. He has never been offered the starting QB position or told he could compete for that job, so what makes you think he could just choose to come to Dallas to be the starting QB? You wish he could start.

That's what it is Joe, it's their wishful thinking. They want him to be the replacement for Dak, not the backup, so they're trying to reinvent the story hoping it'll come true. LOL
Personally I'll take it whichever way it goes but you're right, he lives in this area and that was a major factor in his decision.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
dont he has shot to start if Dak signs and comes in but hey good attitude go work harder and show the new coach something, you never know..now if dak holds out and Dalton looks good Dak could get what he did to Romo, never get his job back like Tannehill did to Mariotta

Never can tell, in today's NFL anything can happen.

Kwyn

Reaction score
5 other teams were interested in Dalton but he choose Dallas because he felt it was his best option to start. This goes against narrative that he will just be good boy and hold clipboard for Dak....na he came to start!
You’re just trolling with this one bud

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Im looking at this objectively. Dalton is a very good QB. He has the talent. He has the arm.

What he HASNT had is:

1. A good team and
2. Consistently good decision making.

Playing from behind doesn’t help #2. He could have success with Dallas he hasn’t had elsewhere.

Drew Brees was a castoff at one point too. So was Favre.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OP's opinion is wrong. Here is Dalton's comments about coming to Dallas...

"Dak (Prescott is) the starter on this team," Dalton said. "Dak has played really well, and I knew the situation that I was coming into. … I felt like I could come in here and help this team win, obviously help Dak out as much as I can. Hopefully, this sets me up for my future."

So @Wood, shutty uppy with your ridiculous "opinion".