Opinion: Franchise Tags for Cooper and Jones

conner01

Reaction score
We have close to 100 million in cap space. So all three can be resigned and bring back Quinn if they all take the right amount of money even if Dak signs for 30-35 million
You can sign all 3 but the real key is a couple years down the road when all 3 start costing more
Plus you need several other players that you can’t get in draft
It’s easy first year or two but how you structure guys is gonna be tricky to not have the issue the rams are starting to get

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I would get Dak signed even if I had to overpay. Then I would tag Coop and Byron. If someone wants to give up a first for either or both, I’m pulling the trigger and drafting their replacement.

I like this. Been saying it for a while. Cooper plays like a guy that can use a little motivation. I like tagging him a lot. I would let Jones walk. Good athlete. Doesn’t make nearly enough plays.

Verdict

Reaction score
We have close to 100 million in cap space. So all three can be resigned and bring back Quinn if they all take the right amount of money even if Dak signs for 30-35 million

That sounds great in theory, until you start trying to fill out the roster with vet minimum players.

Verdict

Reaction score
You can sign all 3 but the real key is a couple years down the road when all 3 start costing more
Plus you need several other players that you can’t get in draft
It’s easy first year or two but how you structure guys is gonna be tricky to not have the issue the rams are starting to get

That’s what some people don’t get. If Tank doesn’t start living up to that contract it could really become an albatross.

willia451

Reaction score
We wasted Dak's rookie contract on Garrett. Now we give Garrett the boot and bring in MM to try to fix it. But he can't fix that. It's already done.

The time to get rid of Garrett was right after he **** the bed against GB when we had the #1 seed and homefield throughout in 2016. One of the worst losses in Cowboys history imo.

But instead of getting rid of him, the NFL gave that idiot Coach of the Year. What a disgrace.

We had both Dak and Zeke on rookie deals in 2016 and could have gone on a legitimate run with a real coaching staff like we have now. But it's time to pay all our good players. Our defense and ST are in the toilet. So we're going to have to rely on coaching to be the X factor to try to get somewhere.

Stupid, stupid blankety blank franchise. It makes me angry.

Verdict

Reaction score
We wasted Dak's rookie contract on Garrett. Now we give Garrett the boot and bring in MM to try to fix it. But he can't fix that. It's already done.

The time to get rid of Garrett was right after he **** the bed against GB when we had the #1 seed and homefield throughout in 2016. One of the worst losses in Cowboys history imo.

But instead of getting rid of him, the NFL gave that idiot Coach of the Year. What a disgrace.

We had both Dak and Zeke on rookie deals in 2016 and could have gone on a legitimate run with a real coaching staff like we have now. But it's time to pay all our good players. Our defense and ST are in the toilet. So we're going to have to rely on coaching to be the X factor to try to get somewhere.

Stupid, stupid blankety blank franchise. It makes me angry.

Don’t block. Tell me how you really feel.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s what some people don’t get. If Tank doesn’t start living up to that contract it could really become an albatross.
They only get more expensive in the next few years
I do think there is an out in Dlaw around 2021