Opinion: Jerry confirms no T.O, Vinatieri, or Vanderjagt

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't think these statements affect the probability of Dallas picking up any of these players. In fact, the case can be made that they increase the probability.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I think Jerry is licking his chops at Chad Jackson. Here is to us hoping that he falls to the 18th pick. Jerry said he wanted an offensive playmaker and Jackson fits the bill.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
He said receiver is a must but doesn't count T.O as one of them.

Says he will brake away from tradition and take a veteran kicker, but not one that will weigh the cap heavily.

Also it looks like the the first round pick will be a OT.

Link,

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/13972485.htm

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

THE GRYPHON

Whos to say Vanderjagt or Vinietri (however youspell either name??) would be cap heavy. Then again, that jose cortez wont cost a lot and he almost won a super bowl.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
just because JJ says he is looking in one direction, doesn't mean he intends to go in another.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score

Ashwynn

Reaction score
felix360 said:
that doesnt confirm anything on TO
Quit dreaming and join us in the real world. TO aint ever gunna be a Cowboy. Thank god for that too.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
He cannot be specific on TO b/c he's still an Eagle - that would be tampering and could cost us a Draft Pick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
He cannot be specific on TO b/c he's still an Eagle - that would be tampering and could cost us a Draft Pick.
No. He has permission to seek a trade.

felix360

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Quit dreaming and join us in the real world. TO aint ever gunna be a Cowboy. Thank god for that too.

haha i aint dreaming, hell i dont even want TO, im just stating it doesnt prove anything, :lmao2:

Z-Man

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=ACE7C38B-A5D9-D752-7882659A4003BBD4
BP on Owens:

What about Terrell Owens?
Parcells: "Well, this guy isn't even free yet, so I wouldn't know."

also

Do you see the team acquiring a big-named wide receiver?
Parcells: "I think that would be something we'd consider. That's not on the horizon now. You're just asking me questions, and I'm trying to respond. I'm not saying, 'Yeah, we're doing this or we're doing that.' "

Hmm, sounds like Parcells might be interested to me.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mr. Jones is just planting a seed, a technique he learned from Jimmy Johnson. He is diverting attention from the player he really likes.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I hate it but I think the #81 TO jerseys go on sale at DC.com in about a week or two. :bang2:

felix360

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I hate it but I think the #81 TO jerseys go on sale at DC.com in about a week or two. :bang2:[/quote

:bang2: :banghead: :shatfan: :pray2: please no

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=ACE7C38B-A5D9-D752-7882659A4003BBD4
BP on Owens:

What about Terrell Owens?
Parcells: "Well, this guy isn't even free yet, so I wouldn't know."

also

Do you see the team acquiring a big-named wide receiver?
Parcells: "I think that would be something we'd consider. That's not on the horizon now. You're just asking me questions, and I'm trying to respond. I'm not saying, 'Yeah, we're doing this or we're doing that.' "

Hmm, sounds like Parcells might be interested to me.

Jerry Jones said:

"I want to say this so we don't get something going here: There's so many issues that I can't today put that into the equation. ... We've not gone down those issues. We haven't sat down and said, 'How do we do something like that?'"

^This could mean anything.... Jerry Jones could just tell them this to throw the media off from making this a big thing...Earlier in the season Jerry Jones said T.O. could sleep in the middle of the star...

and now Bill Parcells seems interested it's just make it bitter sweet...

:)

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Nobody knows wuts gonna happen, this is getting interesting!.. :cool:

billknows

Reaction score
theogt said:
I don't think these statements affect the probability of Dallas picking up any of these players. In fact, the case can be made that they increase the probability.

I agree, he can allway's say ,it was a bill pick

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Amen to that!

Don't want him, don't need him.