Opinion: Next Cowboys that should go into the Hall

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Below are the next 3 Cowboys that I think should go into the Hall of Fame. Please feel free to include who else you'd include.

1. Everson Walls - He's been waiting too long, and he should really go in.
  2. Moose Johnston - As great as Emmitt was, Moose was a big help in Emmitt becoming the All-Time Leading Rusher, and Emmitt would be the first to say so. How Moose isn't in the Hall (and the Ring of Honor for that matter - get on it Jerry), I don't understand.
  3. Alvin Harper - I know some will scratch their heads at this, but Harper was a big reason Irvin was as good as he was in the 90s. defences couldn't simply try to take Irvin away. If Irvin didn't kill you, Harper would kill you. Especially with THE SLANT, he should be in the Hall.
Who else would you include?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Have to be one of the no way on Harper. Harper was great under the system and the coaching in Dallas but he or someone like Larry Brown should not be in the HOF.

I get that he was great under Jimmy's system, but I just think he's underrated. I think he is worthy of going into the Hall. Maybe not next year, but I think at some point soon, he should go into the Hall.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Harper could have gotten in if he would have did something after Dallas but he didn’t.

The obvious answer is Ware. Walls could make it but there are so many good defensive backs that aren’t in right now.

Woodson have the numbers but the reality is that the defense of the early 90s teams don’t get the praise (especially the secondary). When Deion came, those same players just became forgotten.

I believe that Woodson would have been a hof by now if the Cowboys reached the playoffs during the Campo years.

johneric8

Reaction score
well, as much as some of you hate to hear it because you hate him illogically, Big Mike McCarthy will most likely go into the Hall of Fame at some point, so there you go :)

Creeper

Reaction score
Alvin Harper's stats (career):

8 seasons, 102 games, 191 catches, 3473 yards, 21 TDs, and averaged 18.2 yards per catch. He never had a 1000 yard season o5 50 catches in a season. He averaged less than 2 catches per game. He belongs in the Hall of Nobodies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Below are the next 3 Cowboys that I think should go into the Hall of Fame. Please feel free to include who else you'd include.

1. Everson Walls - He's been waiting too long, and he should really go in.
  2. Moose Johnston - As great as Emmitt was, Moose was a big help in Emmitt becoming the All-Time Leading Rusher, and Emmitt would be the first to say so. How Moose isn't in the Hall (and the Ring of Honor for that matter - get on it Jerry), I don't understand.
  3. Alvin Harper - I know some will scratch their heads at this, but Harper was a big reason Irvin was as good as he was in the 90s. defences couldn't simply try to take Irvin away. If Irvin didn't kill you, Harper would kill you. Especially with THE SLANT, he should be in the Hall.
Who else would you include?

Biggest homer post I have EVER seen. None of those guys should make it. Harper, laughable.