Opinion: Signs pointing to Josh McDaniels as next HC

Kaiser

Reaction score
Listening to Jerry talk over the course of the season, combined with other reports here’s how I see McDaniels as the top person on Jerry’s list

Couldn't you also read those comments as Jerry wanting the new HC to retain Kellen Moore?

Carson

Reaction score
Horrible idea. Jerry needs another Jimmy hire. But he won't do it, because Jimmy got too much attention last time.

Ol' Jerruhs short list ..

Ron Rivera
Mike McCarthy
Norv Turner
Marvin Lewis
Josh McDaniels

MikeB80

Reaction score
Do current coordinators that aren't fired ever leave their posts to make a lateral move?
I don't see Eberflus leaving Indy unless its a HC job.

teams dont have to let them out of their contracts for lateral moves but my understanding is most of the time they will let them.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Couldn't you also read those comments as Jerry wanting the new HC to retain Kellen Moore?
No. He’s said he’s most frustrated with the team not being able to run the ball consistently. I don’t think Jerry loves the way the expanded passing game has neglected the running game.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

That’s one way to make firing Garrett worse. Hiring this clown.

Cmac

Reaction score
Illegal taping of teams is coming with him. What happens to Kellen?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
teams dont have to let them out of their contracts for lateral moves but my understanding is most of the time they will let them.
Has anyone watched Indys D to see what their style is since Eberflus took over? Is it more bend but don’t break? Anyone with that scheme should be shot as soon as they arrive for the interview.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have said this for years .. everyone wants Jerry to fire the head coach, but everyone forgets Jerry's the one who picked him in the first place, so the next one may not be the one that most people want.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Has anyone watched Indys D to see what their style is since Eberflus took over? Is it more bend but don’t break? Anyone with that scheme should be shot as soon as they arrive for the interview.

its essentially the same as ours. they look like they play even more zone than we do. I hate this defense so i am hoping this is not the guy they bring in.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Why do people continue to think Jerry has had a sense of urgency over the last two years?

Carson

Reaction score
Why do people continue to think Jerry has had a sense of urgency over the last two years?

Well. The crypt keeper won't live forever. I'm sure he wants one more championship before he croaks out.

But with our luck, he buys a bionic body and his head and brain remain in a jar. First man to live forever

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Because he’s said so when referring to death of other owners recently. He said he doesn’t have time to have a bad time. He needs to win fast.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My points are
WHY would he leave his situation in Indy
Do DCs EVER make lateral moves like that unless they are fired?

MikeB80

Reaction score
My points are
WHY would he leave his situation in Indy
Do DCs EVER make lateral moves like that unless they are fired?

yes coaches make lateral moves. Rich Bisaccia left here last year to be the ST coach in oakland with Gruden.

My only thought for why he would leave indy is because the only reason he went to INDY in the first place was to be McDaniels Defensive Coordinator.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Listening to Jerry talk over the course of the season, combined with other reports here’s how I see McDaniels as the top person on Jerry’s list

1) During the lead up to the first Eagles game Jerry talked about how it was important this offense had maximum flexibility and either be able to throw it 50 times or run it 50 times. That’s the staple for what McDaniels shape shifting has done with NE

2) Jerry went almost overboard when praising the NE coaches after our game. How they were in great position to succeed.

3) He said that college coaches take time to get up to speed on the NFL game whereas current NFL coaches have a feel for it. This is in line with Jerry’s mantra of urgency over the last 2 years ever since Bob McNair passed away. Jerry and Bob were close and Jerry seems to not want to have any more “development years”.

Now will he be able to get McDaniels? I doubt it. I think he’s fine staying in NE until Belichick retires. For those who think Jerry is referring to Belichick himself, what does he gain by giving up where he has all control and 6 sure wins a year in the AFC East to come down here? Yes TB12 May retire but why wouldn’t he retire with him?

I'm being totally serious, how much is the Patriots success due to taping and having the answers to the test? I think that it's over 50% and maybe that's why the Patriot way only works in NE.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
But........?.does he show up after he's hired or run back to the warm and fuzzy comforts of daddy Bill?

Gaede

Reaction score
I have said this for years .. everyone wants Jerry to fire the head coach, but everyone forgets Jerry's the one who picked him in the first place, so the next one may not be the one that most people want.

Yes, I'm starting to realize--with people mentioning Norv or Jeff Fisher as a possible replacement--that we can in fact do worse than Garrett.