Opinion-Trying to understand our QB

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And in five years he will have amassed AT LEAST 150 million dollars. Probably more like 200+ million by being a Dallas Cowboys superstar QB.

Close to a 1/4 billion dollars is suddenly "underpaid". Mkay. Cool.
Compared to other QB's at that time, yes.

I get it. You think athletes are overpaid. But thats a reality you have to live with because its not changing

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t know what exactly is being offered or has been offered. We can only go by what’s being reported. The hangup seems to be the length of the contract. Dak wants fewer years.

Why should this be a deal breaker? Does he want to be a cowboy or not. We KNOW Jerry rewards loyal pets.

Tel this dik agent to f off and sign the dman contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why should this be a deal breaker? Does he want to be a cowboy or not. We KNOW Jerry rewards loyal pets.

Tel this dik agent to f off and sign the dman contract.

Everything involved in the contract would have to be known to answer that. There’s a lot involved that we don’t know about. He wants to be a Cowboy but it’s also a business. It’s easy for fans to criticize but it’s not our money and livelihood. You sound like a typical casual fan.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
This is actually a good article here, I am not a Dak lover or hater myself, I don't know the man well enough to have that kind of feeling about him.
What I do know is these are really tough times for alot of people out there, many unemployed, looking to pay their bills, some looking for their next meal. Probably a bad time to be throwing numbers out there like $30-$35 Mil a year just to play a game. I think many folks cant even fathom Rejecting that kinda money during these tough times. It appears the Dak Presacott contract negotiations simply came at a bad time in history.
I wonder during the Great Depression how folks would have felt if Babe Ruth sat out for more money.

cowboyec

Reaction score
excellent post.
this is how i see it.
Dak is trying to get the best deal for him.
good.
he should.
im fine with it.
Dallas is trying to get the best deal for the team....as they should.
and im good with that.
just hope it gets resolved soon.
and we kick.....
:starspin:ALL THEIR *****:starspin:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The team owners and staff members, as well as the players, are being paid more than generously enough to take care of their needs and their family's needs, also. The talk with Dak and the Cowboys has dragged on long enough to cause me to seek to divest myself of involvement. Here's hoping they'll find a way to resolve their differences and to benefit as they surely will. In the future, I'll be more than happy to remain satisfied with simply being a fan.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What we as fans forget (or ignore) in this day and age, the NFL is business first, entertainment second, and a competitive sport 3rd. The first is centered around increasing the riches of the owners, players, and coaches. The second and third are centered on playing on the psyche of the fan to make sure they spend their money to ensure point #1. Fans are disillusioned into believing the first priority is the competitive nature of the sport... When in reality that is no longer the primary purpose. Making money is the real purpose just like any other reality TV show.
Precisely.

And that's why I fell on my sword rather than look foolish asking for something..

as you point out..

is no longer at the top of the pecking order of value.

So I just abdicate.

:angry:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The team owners and staff members as well as the players are being paid more than generously enough to take care of their needs and their family's needs as well. The talks with Dak and the Cowboys has dragged on long enough to cause me to look to divest myself of involvement. Here's hoping they'll find a way to resolve their differences and for all to benefit as they surely will. In the future, I'm satisfied just being a fan.
Good.

Let's just have a beer.

I am done.

If more of us just showed indifference it would all blow over.

All of this began with re-signing Tank and we debated it,

then Jaylon Smith,

then Cooper..

last year Zeke?

then Garrett is fired..

then McCarthy hired..

threads go up in flames..

Oh man.

I have stopped caring.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Why he hasn't jumped all over this deal is beyond me. I would say he took to many blows to the head but he plays behind one of the best OL and barely gets hit.....so I got nothing
He is overestimating his value he knows it is a one shot so he wants to maximize the money

ultron

Reaction score
Handed a super charged team. He was NOT #1 pick because the team sucked and gets the first pick. I know....why bring facts into your fantasy "fact". Right?

Oh look....a mid round "develop" QB was good enough to run this team....but we got on a win streak just like the vet QB could have done but we're not gonna give the BETTER vet QB his job back because of...superstition.

Mkay.
This team was not super charged at all before he showed up, as a matter of fact they were 4-12 because of “veteran” QBs were signed to come fill in for an injured Tony Romo. It doesn’t matter where you’re drafted, the greatest QB in history was drafted in the 6th round (Brady), Staubach and Romo were undrafted, russel Wilson was a 3rd round pick. There are COUNTLESS #1 overall picks that were busts. Dak took a Mississippi state team that didn’t have much talent at all and they were #1 in the nation for several weeks. The kid is a winner and most importantly he doesn’t get hurt (I saw him take hits that would knock Tony Ferguson out in college). You aren’t bringing any facts to the table, you’re bringing an opinion.

Flamma

Reaction score
What we as fans forget (or ignore) in this day and age, the NFL is business first, entertainment second, and a competitive sport 3rd. The first is centered around increasing the riches of the owners, players, and coaches. The second and third are centered on playing on the psyche of the fan to make sure they spend their money to ensure point #1. Fans are disillusioned into believing the first priority is the competitive nature of the sport... When in reality that is no longer the primary purpose. Making money is the real purpose just like any other reality TV show.

Absolutely. But the fans usually care about the 3rd first and foremost. How well a team does on the field usually translates into more money for the business.