Opinion: Who had better draft coverage?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I listened to the Ticket while watching ESPN.

Given the choice I would never again experience the draft without having the Ticket on-- the coverage was terrific.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wished I could have had The Ticket tuned in too, but since I didnt we watched ESPN and NFL Network some..we watched ESPN live and I Tivo'd NFL Network on the 2nd day

after ESPN failed to show any highlights of our picks past Fasano, I became really frustrated...Kiper "draft expert" had nothing to say about the Hatcher pick...somebody needs to tell him since he is the "expert" we expect him to at least offer opinions...

not having highlights of even the big school guys like Green and Stanley is inexcusable IMO if a network is propping itself as having the best and most comprensive coverage...ESPN's coverage continues to get worse...the only thing they have going for them now is the format on screen when teams are on the clock...

I will watch NFL Network almost exclusively next yr...two things for them they must do IMO...get better format on screen when teams are on the clock and cover the entire thing next yr...they missed the entire 4th rd and alot of the 5th before picking up coverage....

David

Kangaroo

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I loved Mayock. ESPN's format kills, and it's familiar, but Mayock and Chavous were better than ANYTHING on ESPN.

:hammer:

I agree and the best part is Mayock was Mr. irrelevant in the draft :lmao2:

NorTex

Reaction score
I preferred the NFLN over Espn. I would flip over to Espn and then get irritated and go back to NFLN...also listened to the ticket, but those clowns bug me too.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I always watch ESPN, therefore I cannot believe I am saying this because I like Kiper and his research.....but, I ended up going to NFL Network because in addition to ESPN they had much more highlights of all the draft picks.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I watched a little of each and was not impressed with either. They were OK but I ended up tuning in the Ticket on the Internet and spending most of my time here on the board. It's more of a personal choice than a condemnation of either coverage team.

And ANTHING to avoid Berman and his idiotic nicknames.

braw

Reaction score
billyrags said:
If you are reading this, then you have internet access. If you have internet access or a radio that can pick up the Ticket and you are not listening to their draft coverage, then you are crazy.

The best thing that I've ever picked up on this Cowboys board is listening to the Ticket draft broadcast.

I had the chat up on this board, NFL.com draft tracker in another window and espn/nfl network on mute while streaming audio from the Ticket. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN!

Scary...that exactly would I did and that made it a great coverage....The ticket had the Cowboy picks before anyone else and the chat board had good info also.

calico

Reaction score
I only saw ESPN...you can't get worse than that...I hope. The "experts" are just horrid and the hype is amazing. God forbid they actually shut the hell up and tell us who was drafted and the details of trades.

Smith22

Reaction score
I switched between the Ticket, espn, nfl network and the chat room here. The ticket coverage was pretty good for the most part. The NFL channel and ESPN could have done much better IMO, but the NFL network did a better job I suppose considering it was their 1st attempt at it.

DallasKen

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
I very much enjoyed ESPN on mute with The Ticket for audio.

Same for me. Espn on mute. And Norm cranked up on the ticket.

acheman

Reaction score
I wonder if the Ticket had the picks first simply because the TV crews wait until their hi-lite clips are up and ready before announcing the pick. Or did they only have Cowboys opicks beforehand? Several times I could hear the podium speaker a minute before they would flash anything up on screen. And the next picks time was already ticking down to twelve and a half mintes or so instead of a full 15 when they would get their team logo and info on screen after the pick before them was flashed across the screen. I only have internet access at work so no Ticket for me at home. ESPN radio would have the picks well before the TV as well.