Order of difficulty on remaining games for Dallas

CCBoy

Reaction score

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-remaining-opponents-ranking-2023-schedule/?itm_medium=recirc&itm_source=taboola&itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Week 15: @ Buffalo Bills

Week 9: @ Philadelphia Eagles

Week 16: @ Miami Dolphins

Week 14: Home vs Philadelphia Eagles

Week 17: Home vs Detroit Lions

Week 18: @ Washington Commanders (3-3)

Week 13: vs Seattle Seahawks

Week 12: vs Washington Commanders (Thanksgiving)

Week 10: Home vs New York Giants (1-5)

Week 11: @ Carolina Panthers (0-6)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Buffalo

Overall Game Difficulty: 10
Total DVOA Score: 38.0 (3rd)

You know how each and every of the remaining 31 NFL teams and their fanbases hate Dallas? Well, let’s just say the Bils are that and then some. Because they only play every four years, it’s ratcheted up. The back-to-back Super Bowl defeats (funny how both teams share the appearance drought but no one ever says Buffalo is underachieving) already made it 10-times worse.

Now add in December, western New York. Brutal circumstances to go up against.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Buffalo is a mirror-type matchup.
No pressure to win an AFC road game, especially in the snow.
Should be fun much the same way Miami will be but for opposite ends of the weather spectrum.

The division games matter a lot more and the other NFC games come next.
Want to get at least 1 home playoff game to avoid the insane cross-country treks.

The only argument I'd have here is about Seattle being below Washington.
After selling both Edges WFT is moving down that list for me.

You really want to win all the games left versus the NFC East but at least split with Philly and wint he rest.
Seattle and Carolina you need to beat for conference record.
Losing to Buff and Mia would be ok.
The Detroit game feels very much about playoff seeding.
No one wants to go to Detroit ever for even a layover.

Lose the top 3 and win the lower 7.
Go a very battle-tested 12-5.
Let's see what the playoffs hold.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Seahawks should be higher on that list. They’re a good team that is just getting better. Absolutely more difficult than Washington. Better players and a much better coached team. Plus they have Devon Witherspoon…:mad:

Just thank God that game isn’t in Seattle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-remaining-opponents-ranking-2023-schedule/?itm_medium=recirc&itm_source=taboola&itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

At least 7 W's.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This list was obviously made before the trade deadline. That is why the away game in Washington is ahead of Seattle and Carolina at 0-6.

blueblood70

Reaction score

isn't the irony of all our toughest games are on the road in their houses I mean it was the 49ers the bills the Eagles the dolphins all of them on the road isn't that mightily convenient??/ :facepalm: :omg::thumbdown::espn::popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Buffalo is a mirror-type matchup.
No pressure to win an AFC road game, especially in the snow.
Should be fun much the same way Miami will be but for opposite ends of the weather spectrum.

The division games matter a lot more and the other NFC games come next.
Want to get at least 1 home playoff game to avoid the insane cross-country treks.

The only argument I'd have here is about Seattle being below Washington.
After selling both Edges WFT is moving down that list for me.

You really want to win all the games left versus the NFC East but at least split with Philly and wint he rest.
Seattle and Carolina you need to beat for conference record.
Losing to Buff and Mia would be ok.
The Detroit game feels very much about playoff seeding.
No one wants to go to Detroit ever for even a layover.

Lose the top 3 and win the lower 7.
Go a very battle-tested 12-5.
Let's see what the playoffs hold.
Oh, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders all will have their white cowboy boots on by then.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Seahawks should be higher on that list. They’re a good team that is just getting better. Absolutely more difficult than Washington. Better players and a much better coached team. Plus they have Devon Witherspoon…:mad:

Just thank God that game isn’t in Seattle.
With a third of a season or even a little past half-way...I have a personal category I reference. That is tough. It's an improving offense for their offense...and the defense is still, 'tough.'

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't even try to predict this. Too much crap can happen. But my opinion of the Bills has not changed. If they're playing well, of course they can beat us. But they are a shaky team. I don't think they are as good as people make them out to be. If someone told me that the Cowboys won 1 game out of the three, @ Philly, @ Miami, and @ Buffalo, I'm guessing at Buffalo.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The referenced Washington game is a home game and in the NFC East as well...that isn't by history, a non-factor.

ghst187

Reaction score
Buffalo

Overall Game Difficulty: 10
Total DVOA Score: 38.0 (3rd)

You know how each and every of the remaining 31 NFL teams and their fanbases hate Dallas? Well, let’s just say the Bils are that and then some. Because they only play every four years, it’s ratcheted up. The back-to-back Super Bowl defeats (funny how both teams share the appearance drought but no one ever says Buffalo is underachieving) already made it 10-times worse.

Now add in December, western New York. Brutal circumstances to go up against.
I know the super bowls and all but the Romo 5 int game comeback is possibly the most epic Cowboys-Bills game ever.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The schedule needs to be look at game to game. I think Buffalo and Miami are overrated. Seattle and Detroit are underrated. Giants/Commanders are wild cards because they have talent. Some talking head yahoo thinks Dallas will lose all 5 of the games but finish 9-8 and make the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The schedule needs to be look at game to game. I think Buffalo and Miami are overrated. Seattle and Detroit are underrated. Giants/Commanders are wild cards because they have talent. Some talking head yahoo thinks Dallas will lose all 5 of the games but finish 9-8 and make the playoffs.
There is merit to your post. Also, to understand seasonal momentum with attached values, a process of evaluating a comparison base also, from which to have an 'educated' sense about. Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit will first set tone of drive and momentum. I respect the potential of Seattle and they made a trade pick up for some reason. lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
Philadelphia is 3-0 at home this season and have averaged 33 points a game as well.

Killing their ability for a Red Zone will be very important tomorrow.