Order of difficulty on remaining games for Dallas

DuncanIso

Reaction score
At most, I see three losses……Buffalo, Miami and one of the Philly games. Dallas should end up 12-5 again. Luckily, Detroit and Seattle is at home.

Look out for Carolina though, they got a win and are ready to roll! :muttley:
Don't think Detroit is an easy win.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-remaining-opponents-ranking-2023-schedule/?itm_medium=recirc&itm_source=taboola&itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Week 15: @ Buffalo Bills

Week 9: @ Philadelphia Eagles

Week 16: @ Miami Dolphins

Week 14: Home vs Philadelphia Eagles

Week 17: Home vs Detroit Lions

Week 18: @ Washington Commanders (3-3)

Week 13: vs Seattle Seahawks

Week 12: vs Washington Commanders (Thanksgiving)

Week 10: Home vs New York Giants (1-5)

Week 11: @ Carolina Panthers (0-6)

we could easily lose 6 of these games.

Jipper

Reaction score
i can see the narrative now...

get blown out at philly...go to 5-3...team labeled as average and not a contender

reel off 4 in a row weeks 10-13 to go to 9-3....team is a contender again!

get pummeled by eagles in week 14 to drop to 9-4....team back to average

go 1-3 to finish the season (win last game against wash)...limp into playoffs at 10-7...wc exit at SF

its such a typical dallas thing to do.....i really hope they prove me wrong and i am way off

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I know the super bowls and all but the Romo 5 int game comeback is possibly the most epic Cowboys-Bills game ever.
Loved his on the field interview after the game...Tony, did you think you had a chance after throwing 4 INTs before the half? He looks at the interviewer and said 4 INTs, that's all it was?

I lol....

CCBoy

Reaction score
i can see the narrative now...

get blown out at philly...go to 5-3...team labeled as average and not a contender

reel off 4 in a row weeks 10-13 to go to 9-3....team is a contender again!

get pummeled by eagles in week 14 to drop to 9-4....team back to average

go 1-3 to finish the season (win last game against wash)...limp into playoffs at 10-7...wc exit at SF

its such a typical dallas thing to do.....i really hope they prove me wrong and i am way off
Would you take the same view as a fan for your daughter's team?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There is merit to your post. Also, to understand seasonal momentum with attached values, a process of evaluating a comparison base also, from which to have an 'educated' sense about. Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit will first set tone of drive and momentum. I respect the potential of Seattle and they made a trade pick up for some reason. lol
I don’t believe in momentum after watching the 49ers fall apart the last 3 games. The Cowboys currently have a better record than San Francisco. WHO would have thought that 3 weeks ago. Football is so emotional. You have to take games week to week.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t believe in momentum after watching the 49ers fall apart the last 3 games. The Cowboys currently have a better record than San Francisco. WHO would have thought that 3 weeks ago. Football is so emotional. You have to take games week to week.
One is just observing the fact of momentum upon teams.

Some are shorter than others. It all boils down to team ability to handle all of them as they rise up...play, game, or seasonal path.

Emotion isn't the rudder for a team...dedication and rehearsed techniques dominate.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
One is just observing the fact of momentum upon teams.

Some are shorter than others. It all boils down to team ability to handle all of them as they rise up...play, game, or seasonal path.

Emotion isn't the rudder for a team...dedication and rehearsed techniques dominate.
We have a good team some of us fans don’t want to enjoy the season. This game important but it’s not the end all be all game that some make it out to be.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Continuity. It’s a frequently discussed, yet often underrated factor in life. For the Dallas Cowboys, continuity extends beyond the coaching staff and into the ranks of the players themselves. Continuity on the roster brings familiarity and stability. It provides unspoken connections between teammates which can be enormous for certain aspects of the game.

Continuity helps defenders adjust to motion as they redefine run fits. It helps coverage players understand when and where to pass off assignments. And it helps offensive lines perform as a singular unit in both phases of the game. It’s that last item which seems to be holding the Cowboys back this 2023 season...(but rapidly improving.)

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Whether it’s a child’s home life in their developmental years, a business’ leadership structure and core objectives, or a coaching staff’s styles, strategies and playbooks, continuity is an important component.

Things should improve up front if the Cowboys can just keep their linemen on the field together. If they can’t, the continuity concerns will likely continue.

Jerry's real mistake recently was paying the price for his loyalty and continuity of Jason Garrett.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's a pretty decent ranking.

Some could move up or down a spot or two but it's a solid stab at it

Jipper

Reaction score
Would you take the same view as a fan for your daughter's team?
I know there's a joke in there...but alas I have really sunk in my Fandom after the SF game...I have lost faith and really the only way to get it back is going to have Tobe through them beating good teams and actually doing something in the playoffs.

This is the least faith I have had in a team with this good of record ever unfortunately, really hope I'm surprised tomorrow

Whyjerry

Reaction score

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-remaining-opponents-ranking-2023-schedule/?itm_medium=recirc&itm_source=taboola&itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Week 15: @ Buffalo Bills

Week 9: @ Philadelphia Eagles

Week 16: @ Miami Dolphins

Week 14: Home vs Philadelphia Eagles

Week 17: Home vs Detroit Lions

Week 18: @ Washington Commanders (3-3)

Week 13: vs Seattle Seahawks

Week 12: vs Washington Commanders (Thanksgiving)

Week 10: Home vs New York Giants (1-5)

Week 11: @ Carolina Panthers (0-6)

It’s a weird schedule. The next 5 are tough. The last five are all very winnable. 2-3 and 4-1 is conservative in my opinion.

So…11-6???

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
At most, I see three losses……Buffalo, Miami and one of the Philly games. Dallas should end up 12-5 again. Luckily, Detroit and Seattle is at home.

Lol. At most. We could easily lose more than three… and still make the playoffs.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
It’s a weird schedule. The next 5 are tough. The last five are all very winnable. 2-3 and 4-1 is conservative in my opinion.

So…11-6???
I’d say 11 wins plus whatever happens this weekend. But nothing would surprises me.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

MAYBE EVEN WASHINGTON if they're not tanking