Original Zoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapper

Reaction score
When did the like feature start?...lol. People look at your like to post ration to judge you, when some had thousands of post before that feature ever started.

I know I was one of the first to sign up, when they moved the board to a new URL maybe? Use to post on the old DMN boards that I don't think are around anymore. I remember Iceberg, Ice back then. HOS and Scott David was always good for a few laughs.

Ah...

I remember the DMN infamous "flame wars" that eventually closed down that website. I also remember Blind Zebra, Jack Russell, Oregon Cowboy, Zrinkill, San Diego Cowboy, Sasquatch, and many more. And who could forget Nors. Those were the good old days... .

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There was a guy who's vocabulary was incredibly screwed. I could never tell if he was for real or if it was just an act... But every time he posted one of his long screwed soliloquies, I fell out of my chair laughing. That guy was Comedy Central before the channel.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the old board closed because Jerry basically didn't want to be criticized by the fans. I am guessing but its the only thing that makes sense. I recall Garrett one year had Romo and the team read the good..the bad and ugly message board stuff during camp...to motivate them I guess...from the DC.COM SITE. Three years later that site closed the boards. So it looks like they may have shut it down due to the fans catching onto the charade known as Garrett and Jones.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol! SLICK DADDY

Well the company I worked for was notorious for monitoring that. As well they even monitored incoming and outgoing phone calls from the outside.
Sometimes they even listened in on conversations supposedly.

The way I eventually got around it, as many websites were blocked, most sports sites were blocked for a while. Personal e-mail sites as well.
But when I went on an extended business trip, for a year over seas and in Montreal. these sites were still blocked as I had a company laptop.
so I explained to them how I needed access to my e-mail and financial sites. So they unblocked everything.

When I returned back to work in DFW, they never blocked it back, so I had full access to all my sites, but still was careful when to used them.

This site was never blocked though. It was like ESPN and sites like that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So many ppl threatened to place me on ignore back in the day (& some probably still have me there). :D:popcorn:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm an OG from The Ranch who used to hate the cowboys-forum site because I thought the place was too uptight. Yet now I think the moderators here are a pretty fair group haha.

The Ranch slowly deteriorated, and this forum became the more enjoyable place to post with more quality threads and posters.

My memory is super fuzzy, but Hostile, boozeman, and dale were the main posters I remember from the cowboys-forum days. There was one other really funny poster whose name escapes me as well.
me,CowboyRon and Hadenough I can recall..and many more that escape me right now..

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I thought this board formed because the DMN board went bat**** crazy. Actually, though, the early version of that board was one of the best I ever saw. A lot of people even used their real names. Some met eachother in real life, though that later led to issues.

Maverick84

Reaction score
There was a guy who's vocabulary was incredibly screwed. I could never tell if he was for real or if it was just an act... But every time he posted one of his long screwed soliloquies, I fell out of my chair laughing. That guy was Comedy Central before the channel.
talking about @GimmeTheBall! ?

edit: Nevermind, Leotis LOL I remember him

cern

Reaction score
I remember when the old site started a romo forum . then the mod quickdraw banned everyone who was anti romo. after all the anti's were banned, the pro romo crowd turned on itself. it was hilarious.

Aven8

Reaction score
First forum visited in 2008 and have never left. Been complaining about JG all this time as well. As OC and now HC! :D

remdak

Reaction score
Huge Hostile fan here. I know speaking of him is taboo around here but, when I think back to the "good ol days", I harken back to those classic Hostile reads. Hope he's well wherever he is.
I follow him on Twitter

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I believe josh was eventually bought by a bigger brand. The upkeep was costing him a lot
Yeah, it's funny that I can't remember the specifics, even though I used to be on that board every day. Then he sold it, and from what I remember it basically turned into the comments section of whatever website bought it. They completely destroyed that site, and it was a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.