News: Orlando Scandrick named HS head football coach

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How so?

His me against the world attitude as a 5th rd pick is probably highly relatable to the kids he'd be coaching.
TBH I don’t think it had anything to do with being a 5th round pick; I think he’s just not a pleasant fella to be around.

I remember a couple months back, I believe, it was Nick Eatman and Dave in The Break that were laughing about how rude he was to the media room; said it was his reputation.

You could see his condescending attitude when he went in morning TV with Skip; which is a joke, if you get offended by that guy, you’re soft skinned.

And the way he went out with the birds; the man asks to be released then runs on TV calling out the Eagles lockerroom drama, verifying a rift with then Captain Malcom Jenkins, prompts Jenkins to say “we don’t need motherf***** like that in the lockerroom”

drama followed this man around IMO

Motorola

Reaction score
I like him but man I can’t even imagine him coaching high school students but he’s a good football mind. School is lucky to have him.
One can not always forsee which ex-NFL players go into coaching.
I never did think Peyton Manning would gravitate to that; but I would never envison Deion Sanders being one either....yet there he is - head coach at Jackson State University.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One can not always forsee which ex-NFL players go into coaching.
I never did think Peyton Manning would gravitate to that; but I would never envison Deion Sanders being one either....yet there he is - head coach at Jackson State University.
Yeah Prime caught me off guard….didn’t expect that.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Good for him . He can teach the players the hard work and discipline it took for him to hang in the NFL for a quite a few years. Jon Kitna and I want to say Jason Witten were doing the same thing. No better person to learn the ropes in HS then an NFL alum .

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Scandrick is the only 5th round pick the last 20 years that has ever panned out even to a tiny degree.

Hopefully this year's class bucks the trend.
Sean Ryan and Pete Hunter had good NFL careers (started and qualified for NFL pensions) but it was not for the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was named the HC for my kids U8 soccer team........ where's my headline? Ok, its a volunteer gig that nobody else wanted, but I'm sure the headline can mask the facts.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I was named the HC for my kids U8 soccer team........ where's my headline? Ok, its a volunteer gig that nobody else wanted, but I'm sure the headline can mask the facts.

I believe Pravda picked up your story: "Hero most potent father teaches fùtbol for youth brain wealth"
It was swell!:)

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Playa del Rey St. Bernard High has hired former NFL cornerback Orlando Scandrick as its new football coach to take over a program that hasn’t played any games since an abbreviated four-game spring schedule in 2021.

The program lost most of its varsity players after former coach Manuel Douglas resigned. Then came word of a federal investigation. The school hired Steve Broussard to take over the program in the summer of 2021 but didn’t have enough players to have a team in the fall.

Now Scandrick, 35, has been hired to restart the program in his first head coaching job.

More: https://www.latimes.com/sports/high...r-nfl-cornerback-orlando-scandrick-st-bernard

He will teach Holding 101.