Twitter: Orlovsky: "Cowboys miss Blake Jarwin so much as a blocker in their run game"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarwin is a better blocker that Schultz. Not sure how much he helps the run game. But I am sure he helps some..
Schultz is a better inline blocker than Jarwin.

Jarwin 'might' be a better open field blocker because Schultz is a terrible open field blocker.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

That is comical; however, they do miss Jarwin as a receiver.

I didn't think Jarwin was doing much early this season until I went back and reviewed him in those games.

Kellen Moore often used Jarwin to create space for other players.

Jarwin's speed put pressure on LBs and defense often used a Safety to cover him.

With Schultz defenses are comfortable letting LBs cover him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Strangely, some of Dallas' fans seem to be saying the same thing. I think Jarwin's time away for injury has made some forget that he's not much of a blocker. We need Jarwin back, but the reason for that is because he's a really good receiving tight end. He can hit those seams down the middle that open things up on the outside for the receivers.

Despite his failures at it lately, Schultz is the better blocker and is more of the short- to mid-range outlet as a receiver. Having Jarwin out there instead of Sprinkle or McKeon gives us that deeper threat that puts stress on the defense both in the passing and running games, even if he's not a great blocker.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Schultz is a better inline blocker than Jarwin.

Jarwin 'might' be a better open field blocker because Schultz is a terrible open field blocker.

This is like debating which smells worse, egg farts or onion farts.. They both stink.. They are the #1 reason this team cannot run outside or off tackle with any consistency. They can't even get in the way of a defender with any regularity. Witten was never some pancake blocker.. but he understood that if he simply got in the way of his man he would have done his job. These guys have not even mastered that. It's not even worth discussing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Shultz is having a pretty good year. Looking at there stats they both going into there 4th year. I think Jarwin got hurt in the pats game. Jarwin has 8 TDs and Shultz has 9. Had nothing to do with blocking but was wondering about who is getting in the endzone.

Mark

Reaction score
Eh, Orlovsky isn't all wrong. Whatever Jarwin's blocking capabilities are (or absence thereof may detract from the running game), there's little doubt he is missed when it comes to our ability & flexibility to run highly effective 2-TE sets. Having him back for the playoffs can only help this team.

817Gill

Reaction score
For those wondering about his logic here, not saying I agree but here it is.