Video: Osa Odighizuwa Film Session, Dallas Cowboys 3rd Round D-Tackle

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Even early downs it's what Seattle runs. Quinn's words were it looks like a 3-4.
We are only running the 3-4 in our base defense, the nickel will have a traditional 4-3 alignment. Quinn said this the other night.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Lets watch these guys in camp and pre season before forming opinions.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We are only running the 3-4 in our base defense, the nickel will have a traditional 4-3 alignment. Quinn said this the other night.
He never said that the base defense was a 3-4, he said it looks like a 3-4. That is exactly what Seattle has been running with Pete Carroll but it's called a 4-3. It has a LEO LB that can either have a hand down or not and the opposite end (plays either a 5t or 4ti) and nt both 2 gap.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He never said that the base defense was a 3-4, he said it looks like a 3-4. That is exactly what Seattle has been running with Pete Carroll but it's called a 4-3. It has a LEO LB that can either have a hand down or not and the opposite end (plays either a 5t or 4ti) and nt both 2 gap.
Yes, you are accurate. Will look like a 3-4 Due to the Leo who usually is a standup DE.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I like the player. Think he is a good 3T prospect, I just felt that with Hill and Galimore we were ok at the 3 and wanted a 1T instead. But getting better against the run is always welcome.
Ok with Trysten Hill. Oh lawddddddd

Sydla

Reaction score
The more I read about Osa and Golston, the more I like it. But I do this every year. There's a player we all question, then the stories hit, then we wind up with hope, then our hope is dashed.....

But that's why this is so fun.

LOL. I have more hope in Osa than Golston. Golston strikes me as a guy with limited upside that if you turn into a 3rd string DE, call it a win.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hill was the best DT on the team last season before the injury.
I think you're rooting with your heart X because Hill was awful.

Maybe not as awful as PFF's 33.8 ranking but very, very bad. He is a zero against the run. Zero might be too high. He was on the other team against the run is more accurate.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're rooting with your heart X because Hill was awful.

Maybe not as awful as PFF's 33.8 ranking but very, very bad. He is a zero against the run. Zero might be too high. He was on the other team against the run is more accurate.

I have no allegiance to Trysten Hill.

Fans love to hate certain players based on fan/media narratives that develop.

I just reviewed Hill on over 100 snaps from 2020.
- In the games he played he was the best interior run defense on the Cowboys roster.
- Obviously none of them were great, but Hill was not the reason that defense failed.

Similar to a player like Connor Williams, fans like to focus a few ugly plays and not on the majority of plays were the player did his job.

Hill's over-eager style will cause him to get into awkward positions no occasion and look silly, but on the majority of plays he did his job.

The fan narrative that he is a lazy player is comical.
- I repeatedly saw him run past other players like Jaylon to get to the sideline on outside run plays.
- It was surprising how many of those plays near the sideline he was able to get to the RB.