big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys news: Osa Odighizuwa, Markquese Bell rising stars on Dallas defense​

The latest Cowboys news heading into their bye week is here

By MLenix84 Oct 21, 2023

Osa Odighizuwa is showing he’s better than his third-round draft status.

Monday’s performance may have earned the most recognition of Odighizuwa’s season, but it wasn’t a flash in the pan. He’s been a game-wrecker up the middle for Dallas all season. He ranks 46th in pass rush snaps, but 11th in hurries (and 14th in total pressures). His 18.5% pass rush win rate makes him the meat in a Javon Hargrave-Quinnen Williams sandwich.

If that wasn’t enough, PFF has graded him as the fifth-best run defender at the position, too.

Bell has gone from an undrafted rookie to a key player on the Cowboys defense.

In the critical Week 6 matchup against the Chargers, Bell had his coming out party, logging seven tackles, a pass deflection, and of course that critical goal line stop that might have saved the game and potentially the Cowboys’ season.

When the Cowboys converted him to LB, there was a concern that a former defensive back would struggle with the dirty work needed to hold up against the run. Six weeks in, Bell has put those concerns to bed. When Bell is on the field, opposing offenses average 0.14 net yards over average less than when he’s off the field.

Bell is the eighth-highest graded LB by Pro Football Focus, who give him strong marks in coverage, run defense and pass rush. He’s the youngest player in their top-10, and based on his diverse skill set and versatility across the formation, a valuable tool going forward.

This is a GREAT article. Well worth the time to check out...https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023/10/21/23926068/cowboys-news-osa-odighizuwa-markquese-bell-rising-stars-dallas-defense-dak-prescott-mike-mccarthy

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Both are overrated. They are good when things are going good they perform. We need guys who can perform when they are not. Micah needs help. Im actually getting more excited about Clark.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Both are overrated. They are good when things are going good they perform. We need guys who can perform when they are not. Micah needs help. Im actually getting more excited about Clark.
I agree with some of this the first part actually about being overrated. Bell in a game or 2 you couldn't find him, in the last game if the Chargers line were good enough to get to the 2nd level on the one play, he doesn't make that good play. I'm not trying to take anything away from bell, just be consistent, i'm rooting for him!!! Osa he makes his 2 big plays a game and that's it! Now micah needing help, micah needs to help himself. Stop running past the OT's, stay disciplined, zip it, and just play football!!

The coaches hopefully have a better plan for him after the bye

blueblood70

Reaction score
definitely the defense the future is brighter. loaded is an understatement...i heard queilety Ghoston's having a great year, I think Sam will come around and be easy fit to Tank position when he steps down. etc

i guess outside of really linebacker we have the replacement ready when guys leave, we have their replacements...

Aven8

Reaction score
Osa is our poor man’s Donald. It seems like for over 10 years we have been looking for a 3T. I think the last one we had was Glover. Hatcher played there one year and was good as well. I think we finally found a good one folks.