Oscars 2024 Predictions and Watch Party?

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm 2 years behind on movies and Oscar nominated films.
Haven't even seen the Michelle Yeoh Oscar winning movie, although the hear say word of mouth locals were not too
fond of it. But I'd like to see it for myself.

I will not watch the actual Oscar show. It's too traditionally boring and slow paced for my liking.
Much rather catch the ''highlights' later on YouTube.

I have skeptical views on Oscar Awards anyway. For example i don't see how a " Spotlight " can win
Oscar over " The Revenant " .. .or a Sandra Bullock can win Supporting Actress for a over acting job
for the Blind Side. And there's been more questions at hand down the Oscar road for me.

I've even turned more towards other Award presentations such as Golden Globe, Critics Choice, etc.
than what I do the Oscars.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I haven’t seen all the films, but from what I know -

I think Oppenheimer wins Best Picture and Nolan wins Best Director. It’s his turn.

Cillian Murphy wins Best Actor for Oppenheimer.

Emma Stone wins Best Actress for Poor Things. This is between Lily Gladstone for Killers of the Flower Moon, and Emma. Two great, but completely different performances.

RDJ wins Best Supporting Actor for Oppenheimer.

Da’Vine Joy Randolph wins Best Supporting Actress for The Holdovers.

Passepartout

Reaction score

I think Oppenheimer wins Best Picture and Nolan wins Best Director. It’s his turn.

Emma Stone wins Best Actress for Poor Things. This is between Lily Gladstone for Killers of the Flower Moon, and Emma. Two great, but completely different performances.

You nailed it!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Jesus dude lol

What are next weeks Powerball numbers

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Was that Nolan’s first Oscar? If so, glad to see him finally get it. He can do anything, and still appreciates the movie-going experience. Doesn’t matter the subject, I will always put money down to go see a Nolan film in the theaters.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was that Nolan’s first Oscar? If so, glad to see him finally get it. He can do anything, and still appreciates the movie-going experience. Doesn’t matter the subject, I will always put money down to go see a Nolan film in the theaters.
And actors clearly see the benefits of working with him, so he’s able to line up an incredible cast as he did with Oppenheimer.

I was very glad to see award recognition line up with a popular and successful film.

Creeper

Reaction score
How many awards shows do actors have for themselves? Golden Globes, Peoples Choice, Oscars, Emmy's, SAG. I am sure there are some I missed.