OSU Pro Day today?

hendog

Reaction score
Isn't Ohio St's pro day today? If so does anyone have any info.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
hendog said:
Isn't Ohio St's pro day today? If so does anyone have any info.

Individual Workouts
Pro Day calendar

Dates and schools subject to change

Click here for Junior Days March 9

Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Clemson, Delaware, Fordham, Iowa State, Louisiana-Monroe, Ohio State, Texas Tech, Wyoming March 10

Arizona State, Cincinnati, Eastern Illinois, Grambling State, Kent State, Purdue, South Florida, Wofford March 11

Abilene Christian, Nicholls State, San Diego State March 13

Alabama State, Arkansas State, Cal-Davis, Cal-Poly, Fresno State, Furman, Kansas State March 14

Bowie State, Brown, Jacksonville State, Massachusetts, Pittsburg State (Kan.), Shippensburg (Pa.), Towson, Troy, Tulane, Tuskegee, Wake Forest March 15

Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Bethune-Cookman, BYU, Central Michigan, Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.), Illinois, Maryland, Nevada, Northwood (Mich.), Oregon State, Saginaw Valley State (Mich.), South Carolina, Southern, Stanford, Temple, Tennessee, Western Carolina March 16

Appalachian State, Catawba, Central Missouri, Clark, Florida A&M, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Massachusetts, Murray State (Ky.), Penn State, UCLA (weightlifting), Western Kentucky March 17

Colorado, Lambuth, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Portland State, Princeton, UCLA (running), Vanderbilt, Villanova, West Georgia March 18

Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Windsor March 20

Cumberland (Tenn.), Harvard, Iowa, Richmond, South Carolina State, Southern Mississippi, SE Missouri State, William & Mary March 21

Monmouth, New Mexico, North Carolina, Syracuse, Virginia March 22

Fort Valley State, Howard, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Rutgers, Southern Illinois, Texas, Texas State March 23

Auburn, Duke, Miami (Ohio), North Carolina Central, Notre Dame, Shippensburg (Pa.) March 24

Colorado State, Georgia Southern, Hofstra, Indiana State, Lambuth, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Northwestern State (La.), Portland State March 27

Houston, Rice March 28

Jacksonville State, Utah State March 29

Arizona State, Central Florida, Tennessee, Utah March 30

Carson-Newman, Stephen F. Austin March 31

Louisiana Tech, Purdue April 2

Southern California (Weight-lifting portion will be at Heritage Hall; 40-yard dash and on-field testing will take place at Cromwell Track & Field, which is adjacent to Heritage Hall. Junior Day also will be held this day.)
JUNIOR DAYS
Besides draft-eligible players, most schools also will allow players who will be seniors during the 2006 season to participate on their Pro Days. But some schools also schedule Junior Days -- workouts that feature only players who will be draft eligible in 2007.
Alabama A&M -- April 5
Arkansas -- May 2
Boise State -- May 3
BYU -- June 16
Cal-Poly -- April 7
Central Michigan -- March 1
Colorado State -- May 3
Eastern Illinois -- March 10
Fort Valley State -- April 12
Georgia Tech -- March 17
Indiana -- March 9
Iowa -- May 5
Memphis -- April 18
Montana -- May 4
New Mexico -- May 4
North Carolina -- March 2
North Dakota -- May 4
Oregon State -- April 4
Purdue -- March 22
Southern Illinois -- April 26
Troy -- April 21
Wake Forest -- March 14 :starspin

hendog

Reaction score
You are the man! Well - at least one of many on this board :D

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
From NFL.com's Pro Day workout page...

Hawk improved his time from the combine, though some have said its a fast track. But It would appear that everyone else's times are in line with what they were.

Player Position Gil's comments
A.J. Hawk LB Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40.

Santonio Holmes WR Holmes weighed 179 pounds -- nine less than he did at the Combine -- and he was timed at 4.34 and 4.36 in the 40.

Bobby Carpenter LB Carpenter is only 90 percent healthy, according to trainers, but he ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.68.

Nate Salley FS Salley ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.56.

Anthony Schlegel LB Schlegel was timed at 4.79 and 4.76 in the 40.

Rob Sims OT Sims did not run at the Combine and he pulled up again in the 40 with the same right hamstring problem.

Donte Whitner SS Whitner was clocked at 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40.

Ashton Youboty CB Youboty ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.45.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Gil Brandt is reporting 4.49 and 4.42

GBN Report

March 9
(3:00 PM): Hawk soars at pro day... We have an unconfirmed report that Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk ran in the 4.4s at the Buckeyes' on-campus workout earlier today; indeed, one team reportedly had Hawk clocked at 4.38 in one 40 attempt. If true, that represents a significant improvement over Hawk's 40 time at the Combine when he timed in at just under 4.6 seconds. More to come.

I'm going to call B.S. on this one.

Probably some team that has no intention on picking Hawk and is just trying to drive up the Hawk hype so they get their man.

Hawks a damn good football player but he ain't running friggin 4.3's!

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I'm impressed as hell with Donte Whitner. I just have a feeling he's gonna be a player that reminds us alot of Brian Dawkins he just has that type of body type speed and playmaking ability.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't believe Hawk ran a 4.38 either.

That said, I don't give a crap. He's an EXCELLENT football player, regardless of his 40 time.

Really, who f'in cares how fast he runs in a straight line wearing a t-shirt and shorts anyway?

Pokes28

Reaction score
What about Nick Mangold? I'm assuming he didn't run again, but I figured there would at least be a mention.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

hendog

Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't believe Hawk ran a 4.38 either.

That said, I don't give a crap. He's an EXCELLENT football player, regardless of his 40 time.

Really, who f'in cares how fast he runs in a straight line wearing a t-shirt and shorts anyway?

I would give my brother's left nut for him to be a cowboy.Cowboy Hawk jerseys might be the best seller of all time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
hendog said:
I would give my brother's left nut for him to be a cowboy.Cowboy Hawk jerseys might be the best seller of all time.

Throw in the other nut and I'll buy you an authentic throwback jersey!

:eek:

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Rack said:
IReally, who f'in cares how fast he runs in a straight line wearing a t-shirt and shorts anyway?

All 32 teams?

It must mean quite a bit to teams otherwise there wouldn't be player personnel reps, GM's, coaches, assistants and scouts there. They were there this year because it means something to them and they will always come to wittness a prospects athletic ability.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
All 32 teams?

It must mean quite a bit to teams otherwise there wouldn't be player personnel reps, GM's, coaches, assistants and scouts there. They were there this year because it means something to them and they will always come to wittness a prospects athletic ability.

You assume all 32 teams put as much stock in a 40 time as the fans do.

You know what they say about "Assuming" right?

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Rack said:
You assume all 32 teams put as much stock in a 40 time as the fans do.

You know what they say about "Assuming" right?

1. I never assumed anything

2. Fans aren't investing the millions of dollars into these players that the organizations are.

3. If I'm shelling out 5, 10, 15 millions on signing bonuses alone then I had better do my home work and find out EVERYTHING I can about my investment.

I don't know what Walter Payton's 40 time was and like you, it really doesn't matter to me. But what I do know is that even back in '76 there were quite a few scouts who came out to Jackson State to see Walter run. And that was long before teams where spending millions of dollars in their investments.

Besides, if you're evaluating two players at the same position who are of equal talent...wouldn't you chose the better athlete of the two?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
1. I never assumed anything

2. Fans aren't investing the millions of dollars into these players that the organizations are.

3. If I'm shelling out 5, 10, 15 millions on signing bonuses alone then I had better do my home work and find out EVERYTHING I can about my investment.

I don't know what Walter Payton's 40 time was and like you, it really doesn't matter to me. But what I do know is that even back in '76 there were quite a few scouts who came out to Jackson State to see Walter run. And that was long before teams where spending millions of dollars in their investments.

Besides, if you're evaluating two players at the same position who are of equal talent...wouldn't you chose the better athlete of the two?

All things being equal I would take the better athlete. However, a faster 40 time does not indicate superior athleticism.