OT: Anyone in Hawaii?

JBS

Reaction score
Just was trying to get some information on the representation on boys fans in Hawaii. I have been considering moving to Hawaii with a friend who went to school their. Any info on how it is in Hawaii (im sure it is amazing) and possibly even how well the cowboys are represented their and how easy/tough they are to follow out there. Any information would be great-Thanks!

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey! It's beautiful here if you like sun and 80* weather year round. If it gets too hot, the beach is only minutes away, and if it rains too much, well... the beach is only minutes away :) When the boys are doing well, we are represented in full force. When we suck, we have little factions around the island that will go to The Shack and catch all the games. There are many bars that have all NFL games on sundays and mondays, so seeing them play is never a problem. Aloha

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1212120 said:
Hey! It's beautiful here if you like sun and 80* weather year round. If it gets too hot, the beach is only minutes away, and if it rains too much, well... the beach is only minutes away :)

Not trying too hard to make friends are you? :p:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1212139 said:
Hey, I gotta be me ;)

I guess if I had that kind of weather year round, I'd be talkin' about it alot too. :laugh1:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1212120 said:
Hey! It's beautiful here if you like sun and 80* weather year round. If it gets too hot, the beach is only minutes away, and if it rains too much, well... the beach is only minutes away :) When the boys are doing well, we are represented in full force. When we suck, we have little factions around the island that will go to The Shack and catch all the games. There are many bars that have all NFL games on sundays and mondays, so seeing them play is never a problem. Aloha

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Seeing as the games start at 12 noon my time (Central time). What time do you guys start drinking over there?

Sounds like my kind of place.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Can't imagine living somewhere without "home teams" how does the local media handle sports reporting in Hawaii? Is it like ESPN without the anti- Cowboy sentiment?

This made me think of an even better question for you guys.
If you live in a state or metropolitan area not represented by an NFL team, are most of the football fans there, Cowboy fans?

Just curious about places like Hawaii, Alaska, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Dakaotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Carolinas.

So if you guys are from any of these places, what gives with the pro football fan support?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1212160 said:
:huh: :huh: :huh:

Seeing as the games start at 12 noon my time (Central time). What time do you guys start drinking over there?

Sounds like my kind of place.

Games start at 7am or 8am after daylight savings. They serve drinks early, but a good bloody mary is always available if you still have saturday night beer left on your tongue. :D

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
sonnyboy;1212236 said:
Can't imagine living somewhere without "home teams" how does the local media handle sports reporting in Hawaii? Is it like ESPN without the anti- Cowboy sentiment?

This made me think of an even better question for you guys.
If you live in a state or metropolitan area not represented by an NFL team, are most of the football fans there, Cowboy fans?

Just curious about places like Hawaii, Alaska, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Dakaotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Carolinas.

So if you guys are from any of these places, what gives with the pro football fan support?

We ignore local media in regards to anything professional. They cover UH well, but have no clue in regards to national sports. They only report on whatever they see on sportscenter and call themselves experts. Case in point, Bobby Curren, local 1420 espn radio guy, says this

"Romo is playing well, but some of the comparisons are getting ridiculous out there." Not 30 seconds later, Curren on UH QB Colt Brennon

"I have no other way to describe it, but Brennon has "Montana-like" qualities"

see what we deal with. Thats why I ignore it.