OT - Cards escape jaws of defeat

Manster68

Reaction score
Just like in 1986, when Henderson and the BoSox were down to their last strike against Donny Moore and the Angels, Eckstein was down to his last strike and got a base hit.

Then Edmonds walked.

Then Albert Pujols absolutely CRUSHED a homer off of Lidge to put the Cards ahead 5-4.

Unbelievable!!

Game ain't over yet though.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Just like in 1986, when Henderson and the BoSox were down to their last strike against Donny Moore and the Angels, Eckstein was down to his last strike and got a base hit.

Then Edmonds walked.

Then Albert Pujols absolutely CRUSHED a homer off of Lidge to put the Cards ahead 5-4.

Unbelievable!!

Game ain't over yet though.
Yeah, steroid boy came through didn't he? I would have put the go ahead run on second instead of pitching to that guy.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Yeah, steroid boy came through didn't he? I would have put the go ahead run on second instead of pitching to that guy.

I would Have also......Dadgummit :(

calico

Reaction score
Heartbreaking for the Astros.

They HAVE to win game 6.

I have NO faith in Clemens for a game 7. He has not been that great as a starter this post season. Roy O is Houston's last hope.

1 out...1 strike away...the story of Houston's sports.

Seriously, how do you not walk Pujols in that postiion. I would not want any part of him in that situation.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I'm afraid they gave the momentum back to the Cardinals........I agree game 6 is a must. Come on Roy O

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
They could have chosen not to pitch to him (which is something I hate about baseball), but they felt confident they could skate through.

It was a great game.