OT: Dinner with Joe Montana

Witten

Reaction score
I work with a company that Joe Montana represents and well we are scheduled to have dinner in Dallas together on Thursday night. Will be nice to ask him some questions(ie. the Catch, Notre Dame game etc).
Just a little excited to meet one of the Best QB's of all time. :D

TonyS

Reaction score
Witten said:
I work with a company that Joe Montana represents and well we are scheduled to have dinner in Dallas together on Thursday night. Will be nice to ask him some questions(ie. the Catch, Notre Dame game etc).

Everyone here hates you :D

Have fun and let us know how it goes. We want pics.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Witten said:
If you ask him about the Catch I hope your steak is burned.

j/k

Enjoy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I would never eat dinner with Montana.

If I was never around him it would take alot not run up and punch him in the gut for all those bad childhood memories.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Witten said:

Does he hike in Edgewood in Redwood City CA, or even still live there still ? He used to live by one of my sisters there.

Best story I've saw on him was "in the huddle" on the late TD drive against Cincy in the Superbowl. During the timeout he asked one of his O-linemen if he saw John Candy on the sidelines...he said something like, "I've never met him, I'd like to meet him"...

30 seconds left in the Superbowl and he's talking about meeting John Candy...Thats why he was known as Joe Cool...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If you ask him about the Catch I hope your steak is burned.

j/k

Enjoy.

And tell him it was luck, since he was throwing it out of the back of the EZ. :D

Witten

Reaction score
That really was a luck catch and I also agree he was throwing it out of EZ. One of the saddest Cowboy days ever. I met him briefly last year at similiar meeting and yes he still lives in Calfornia but can't remember exact town but will ask.

What I remember last year was that he rarely watches NFL & football anymore. Was much interested in his 2 Son's football games in High School and Jr. High.

I did get 2 NFL football's signed for my Grandson's last year, but it was very large group and only talked briefly. This year dinner will be much more personal (4 person's) with alot more time to talk.

TonyS

Reaction score
Witten said:
That really was a luck catch and I also agree he was throwing it out of EZ. One of the saddest Cowboy days ever. I met him briefly last year at similiar meeting and yes he still lives in Calfornia but can't remember exact town but will ask.

What I remember last year was that he rarely watches NFL & football anymore. Was much interested in his 2 Son's football games in High School and Jr. High.

I did get 2 NFL football's signed for my Grandson's last year, but it was very large group and only talked briefly. This year dinner will be much more personal (4 person's) with alot more time to talk.

I'd like to know if he ever regrets going on to the Chiefs or if he'd do it again if he had the chance. Like to see a former player's perspective.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarv said:
Does he hike in Edgewood in Redwood City CA, or even still live there still ? He used to live by one of my sisters there.

Best story I've saw on him was "in the huddle" on the late TD drive against Cincy in the Superbowl. During the timeout he asked one of his O-linemen if he saw John Candy on the sidelines...he said something like, "I've never met him, I'd like to meet him"...

30 seconds left in the Superbowl and he's talking about meeting John Candy...Thats why he was known as Joe Cool...

You know I have heard that story as well.

But a few weeks ago they were playing some of the games on the old NFL Films and they were showing the last drive to score and beat Cincy in that game.

And I am sure it was in a no huddle offense....Now I watched the game when I was younger but did not remember it being no huddle but it said it was on the nfl films show.

So one has to wonder...if it was no huddle, how did joe say that IN the huddle lol.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Witten said:

That is AWESOME!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Kick him in the nuts for me. :somewhat sarcastic:

Seriously, though, ask him if his proudest moment was that famous Saturday Night Live skit he did.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You know I have heard that story as well.

But a few weeks ago they were playing some of the games on the old NFL Films and they were showing the last drive to score and beat Cincy in that game.

And I am sure it was in a no huddle offense....Now I watched the game when I was younger but did not remember it being no huddle but it said it was on the nfl films show.

So one has to wonder...if it was no huddle, how did joe say that IN the huddle lol.

The way I heard it from Randy Cross on TV was that it was during the TV time-out while they were waiting to begin the winning drive.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten said:

He said he was trying to throw it away, but didn't get enough on it to get it high enough. Didn't see Clark, but clark ran over and made the catch, didn't know if he could get it or not. So it was a lucky catch, but also a great play by Clark to try to get it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jarv said:

Yeah. It was Barton. The guy was close to hyperventillating and Montana says, "hey Bart. Isn't that John Candy up there eating popcorn? I've never met him, I'd like to meet him"...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
He said he was trying to throw it away, but didn't get enough on it to get it high enough. Didn't see Clark, but clark ran over and made the catch, didn't know if he could get it or not. So it was a lucky catch, but also a great play by Clark to try to get it.
That has always made it a hard pill for me to swallow, but I believe that was just 3rd down, so they may have scored anyway on 4th, who knows ?