OT: Ex-Buckeye Clarett Wanted On Robbery Charges

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5773102/detail.html

Ex-Buckeye Clarett Wanted On Robbery Charges
Warrant Out For 22-Year-Old's Arrest

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett is wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery following an incident that took place early Sunday, police said.

According to a report issued by the Columbus Division of Police, Maurice E. Clarett approached two people who were standing in an alley at the rear of the Opium Lounge, located at 346 South High St.

Police allege that Clarett, 22, demanded property from a 28-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman "with a handgun in his presence then got into a white SUV with two other unknown suspects and sped away."

Neither victim was hurt, police said.

Youngstown police confirmed to NBC 4 that there is a warrant our for Clarett's arrest.

Clarett, who played high school football in Youngstown, set Ohio State's freshman rushing record with 1,237 yards in 2002 and scored the winning touchdown in the Fiesta Bowl as the Buckeyes beat Miami in double overtime to cap a 14-0 season and win the national championship.

He was suspended for the entire 2003 season for accepting illegal benefits and misleading NCAA investigators. Then, Clarett unsuccessfully sued the NFL in an attempt to gain early admission into the pros.

Clarett was eligible for the National Football League's draft in 2004 and was selected by the Denver Broncos in the third round. He did not play in the team's preseason games because of injuries and other reasons, and was cut before the regular season began.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Agreed. :lmao:

Sorry. No sympathy here. Had the world (fame/money) at his fingertips and blew it.
Now someone may say that he didn't get "taught" well in his younger years. But sooner or later, the light bulb should come on in his head. If he doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong by now, he'll be in prison for a worse crime.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
So these two people "recognized" Clarett? Opium Lounge? High Street? Sounds totally made up to me. I hope he didn't do it but it sounds too fishy to pass judgement yet.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lottsa people on this board wanted to take a chance on this loser. Scary.

Waste.

Gaede

Reaction score
Ugh, I was one of those people who thought his 'troubles' were just emotional and not this severe.

What a loser.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sarge said:

Waste.
I never wanted him and I was very happy Denver took the decision out of our hands.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaede said:
Ugh, I was one of those people who thought his 'troubles' were just emotional and not this severe.

What a loser.

After I saw the guy do an interview on TV before the draft, there was no question in my mind that this guy was a loser and wasn't gonna work out, FOR ANYONE.

Punk in every sense of the word.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i need to go find some of my old posts i made on this guy.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
So these two people "recognized" Clarett? Opium Lounge? High Street? Sounds totally made up to me. I hope he didn't do it but it sounds too fishy to pass judgement yet.

You aren't the only one that finds this story to be fishy. Clarett has shown he's not smart when it comes to the business of football, but he's never done anything criminal in the past. I know there's always a first time, but the whole story sounds bogus to me so far.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:

Waste.
I was very happy when Denver took him when they did. :D

wxcpo

Reaction score
I have been a Clarett supporter up to this point and always hoped the young man succeeded with his life, but if this is indeed true then he needs to be treated as any other criminal would be treated and sent off to prison. Maybe there he can find some awakening experience and get his life in order.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
DanTanna said:

Well I don't know about the Opium Lounge but High Street is the Main drag at Ohio St.

burmafrd

Reaction score
They would not put out a warrant unless the Cops were pretty sure they could make it stick at least in a preliminary hearing. So frankly, with his attitude and stupid mistakes up till now, I do not understand anyone who's first response is to think this is fishy.