OT: flying into Dallas for the St. Louis game

Eddie

Reaction score
Sup guys, I hope you can help me abit. Tickets are available for the St. Louis game. I'm trying to get a flight from NY to Dallas.

Is Dallas Love in Dallas? Southwest doesn't fly into DFW???

This is going to be my first Cowboys game in Texas Stadium. Lousy seats, but who cares? What better way to spend the New Years than in Big D!!!

Anyone know any discount carriers flying into Dallas? Thanx ...

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
try american out of la guardia. i booked 2 weeks ago for $256 into dfw.

Eddie

Reaction score
PittDawg, thanx. You rule. I'm checking expedia, but flights are still $$$. Argh!! $256 would be perfect!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Sup guys, I hope you can help me abit. Tickets are available for the St. Louis game. I'm trying to get a flight from NY to Dallas.

This is going to be my first Cowboys game in Texas Stadium. Lousy seats, but who cares? What better way to spend the New Years than in Big D!!!

Love Field is a bit closer to Texas Stadium than DFW

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Eddie said:
PittDawg, thanx. You rule. I'm checking expedia, but flights are still $$$. Argh!! $256 would be perfect!

Ever try a program called sidestep ? Go to sidestep.com

Its checks most of the major carriers for lowest fairs.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Eddie said:

It's a long story, but Southwest does NOT fly in to DFW (Wright Amendment). Love field is about the same distance to Texas Stadium so that's 6 on one hand, a dozen on the other...

Eddie

Reaction score
Thanx guys. An idiot friend told me to fly into San Antonio. ha ha. I would have been left stranded on the other side of the state. Would have been a funny joke.

Airline prices are high right now. Do you think it's worth it to purchase the game tickets and hold them without an airline reservation, and hope airline prices drop over the next month?

I really want to go to this game ... but not for $1000 for my wife and myself. Argh!!!

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Searching through Yahoo Travel I found flights from LGA to DFW on Northwest for $280 each.

danzig

Reaction score
being as how that the game is during New Years weekend I doubt the price of a flight will go down. I was planning on attending this game when i first saw that we had a home game against the Rams, but when the official schedule came out and the game was on New Years i decided against it.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Thanx guys. An idiot friend told me to fly into San Antonio. ha ha. I would have been left stranded on the other side of the state. Would have been a funny joke.

Airline prices are high right now. Do you think it's worth it to purchase the game tickets and hold them without an airline reservation, and hope airline prices drop over the next month?

I really want to go to this game ... but not for $1000 for my wife and myself. Argh!!!

Try www.discountfares.com. I always find great deals!

Eddie

Reaction score
You guys rule. I'm gonna check it out. I'm dying to go.

It's my first Cowboys game ever. Been a fan since 1978.

I thought to myself ... what the heck am I waiting for???

Thanx bros ... this means alot!!! :)

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm flying from Richmond for that game. My friend's mother used to be Tex Schramm's secretary so her parents have lifetime seson tix right on the 50. My first time at Texas Stadium too and I can't wait. I was worried when I bought the airline tix that it would not be a meaningful game so I waited until the first victory vs the Eagles to buy them.

1fisher

Reaction score
Eddie said:

I'm flying from Little Rock, AR for $60 round trip via Southwest landing at Love Field!!!!! I'll be in section 1 row 3 (I think). Where will you be?

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Promise me if you get the chance to go , do the Texas Stadium tour, they take you to the locker room, JJ's box, its a nirvana thing for a Cowboy guy, you get on the field for a minute. the thing that really got me and this has been awhile but the players locker have a chalk board sign with name chalked in, in front-you can get wiped in a minute and be gone, also the height of the middle of the field, quite a slope to the end zone like three feet, anyway it is a real memory maker..

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
theogt said:
I'd take the dozen.

:laugh2: :bang2:

I used to work with a guy in Dallas that always quoted it like that... frequently... we made constant fun of him and apparently it stuck in my empty head...

Oh well... a bird in the hand is worth one in the bush... ;)