OT: I really hate Berman...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Any enemy of the cowboys is an enemy of mine. I strongly dislike the fat piece of pus.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
calico said:
I know this is off topic and has nothing to do with anything...but I am working on some vids, am drunk, and now pissed off. I am watching the NFL Countdown on the day when Emmitt broke the record and am watching Parcells talk about how great Smith is and how every back should learn from him. They go to Steve Young who, to my shock, talks about how Emmitt killed them, only to have Berman state that if Dallas lost the game in '93 against the Giants, that Dallas would have "gone out to San Francisco as a wildcard and PROBABLY LOSE it...Johnson told him this (which I see as coach speak)

. I am sorry, but Dallas won there in the NFC Champ game the year before by a comfortable margin...they won at home in '93 going away. If you play that '93 game in SF, I still have the Cowboys winning by 10-20 points and that is just because they were the BETTER team in terms of talent and coaching. SF had no chance and they know it. They had to cheat the next year and lure some big time players to their camp just to get a 10 point win when they were spotted 21 points at the beginning of the game. This crap just makes me furious and I know it is old news, but I never rant...
Trust me, you don't need to be drunk to hate him. I don't drink so I would know.

calico

Reaction score
^^Thanks...I feel better right now...and have incredible amounts of shame...

2much2soon

Reaction score
Berman was entertaining for about 5 minutes in the '80s. His schtick grew tired and old long ago.
Yea, he was a pioneer, a pioneer of cable sports guys who think they are bigger than the sports they cover.
I can barely stand to watch ESPN anymore. And I was once someone who watched it every chance I had.

wiccgypsy1

Reaction score
brainpaint..oh man...you were stationed at ft. polk...I'm sorry!!! that place is hateful. i was stationed there for 2 years in the early nineties. me and my buddies used to go to Alexandria to party....except for Jessie's Night Heat of course.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Was getting ready to leave the army...during exit exams they thought I had some disease/condition that almost only effects elderly people so they sent me to nuclear med at LSU.

So I got injected with some stuff and then about an hour later they took some fluids and checked it and everything turned out ok.

They're gonna have to bury you somewhere's special.
icon12.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Berman is a bonafied Bills and 49er apologist through and through. Take what he says with a grain of salt. He is nothing more than a glorified ESPN personality who is definitely a homer.

I really liked Berman, but I'm slowly becoming more and more turned off by his repetative banter. He is famous for it, but comes up with nothing new.

Dallas was cleary the better team in 92' and 93'. And arguably the better team in 94' when we lost due to mental mistakes. We nearly came back and stole that one from the Niners. Just ran out of time.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Berman, like all the ESPN crew, has become their schtick. What was once different is now commonplace, and instead of breaking new ground they...especially Berman...have become a parody of themselves.

Sportcenter has become a really bad SNL skit.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
CowboyFFL7 said:
Worst. Advice. Ever.

I concur. I am, or was a bit tipsy. And I have offered some really fantastic insight. :laugh2:

CoCo

Reaction score
Certainly ESPN deserves props for being the first to really bring us the sports highlights we wanted on a nightly basis.

Berman, as a key figure in that deserves them too.

Yes he's been around a long time and anything can get a bit tiresome or annoying at some point.

Yeah, he lets his homerism show sometimes.

But I think his comment about the Niners probably winning at home in 93 (and wasn't he quoting our HC?) was actually to prop Emmitt's courageous performance vs the Giants. In the words of Troy - "Get Real".

Some of ya'll are ultra-sensitive.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Berman isn't trashing the Cowboys, referring to players by his 'cutesey' names, discussing the Bills "circling the wagon" or praising the 49ers and Jerry Rice - he's ok.

The problem is.... that is about 10% of the time.

Scotman

Reaction score
I watched a brief snippet a couple of days ago and they were discussing 5 really good tight ends. Gonzales, Gates, Shockey, and a couple of others I can't remember. But I bet you can guess who they didn't mention.

I watch ESPN because there are times it's the only sports broadcast on TV, but there's little love there for my Boys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
coco2 said:
Certainly ESPN deserves props for being the first to really bring us the sports highlights we wanted on a nightly basis.
They also deserve props for singlehandly jacking up my cable bill each month.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Nors said:
No he's a big part of all that represents ESPN and the cable era. Some here might actually remember life without Cable.

Berman and the swami, his Sportscenter early years. He is a poineer. Like him or hate him - thats ya'll call

52-17, 30-13 is why he hate's the Cowboys. Those were his beloved Bills that got their ***** kicked.