OT: I really need your help (family situation)

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
I just got home from work and my mom came into my room and told me that she had bad news and handed me an eviction notice

Apparantly my idiotic and waste of life younger brother was caught intoxicated hanging out at our apartment's pool area at night by an officer

They gave this notice to us tonight and are giving us until the 9th of February to be out

This is not fair at all and I just threw my computer chair across my room in extreme frustration

I do nothing but go to college and go to work everyday and I stay out of trouble and have aspirations of being somebody and my mom works as hard as anyone trying to support our family by herself but because of my younger brother's idiocy (and apparantly my younger sister was there too), now we are being forced to move.. in 3 days no less

This is complete bull**** and I don't know what to do

you may be wondering why I came here to seek suggestions (legal and/or personal)... well my g/f of 3 years, the love of my life, broke up with me a month ago so I can't really talk to her.. and if I talk to my friends, that won't do anything but make me even more pissed

:(

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
well, the first thing i would do is go to the landlord and try and reason with them.. at the very least i'd ask for more time before you had to move out..

i'm not sure anymore but, aren't you supposed to be given 30 days from the date of the eviction notice before they legally can throw you out? just something to look into..

sorry i can't be of more help, but, as i said, first things first i'd go talk to the landlord personally, explain the situation, say it'll never happen again and you're very sorry it did in the first place.. won't hurt any, and you might get another chance

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about.
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:

So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

felix360

Reaction score
dont know if this is too late but i just saw it, basically under what reason are they making u move out, i have lived in apts. my whole life and have never had a problem with being outside drunk, first ur brother has a right to be out there, i mean it is private property, he does live there. Is he in the lease as leaving there?? if he is there shouldnt be any type of problem, the best thing is to talk to the manager and reason with her, usually they are supposed to give u at least one written warning.