OT Just wondering about all of you....

Scotman

Reaction score
I look at work but never post from there. Too busy. I was able to post today because I'm taking a couple of weeks off before the school year starts back up (elementary principal).

I visit this site to get my Cowboy's fix as well as a site that promotes my other hobby, woodworking.

Here's a chest I built from mesquite.
opechestpa240120.jpg

Been woodworking about 8 years.

Been a Cowboy's fan for 39.

Scot

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Work??! Oh yeah, that leave your house by 8:00 and are home by 5:00 gig.
If engineering has a good day me and my systems have a lot of free time away from each other. I wouldn't think my boss would mind as long as my job is getting done.
As for home use.......two very little people prevent me from doing ANYTHING I want to do!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Scotman said:
I look at work but never post from there. Too busy. I was able to post today because I'm taking a couple of weeks off before the school year starts back up (elementary principal).

I visit this site to get my Cowboy's fix as well as a site that promotes my other hobby, woodworking.

Here's a chest I built from mesquite.
opechestpa240120.jpg

Been woodworking about 8 years.

Been a Cowboy's fan for 39.

Scot

Very nice scotman. I too, love to work with wood but am not as nearly as gifted as yourself. I used to do it for a living but found that doing it that way sucked for me. Do you sell your stuff?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I work nights so I am on usually in the morning after work and then again in the afternoon after a nap. And I get on on weekends at all hours since working the night shift really screws up the ole clock in the head.

I can't get on at work; just no time.

Scotman

Reaction score
I sell a few high-end pieces a year. But, it is truly just a hobby. I mill my own lumber and build from tree to furniture. But you'd be amazed at what I'd have to charge to make any money at it. The piece you see there sold for about $1200. But, it took about $500 worth of mesquite, $125 in hardware and about 50 hours to complete (not including milling or drying the lumber) So, not accounting for the cost of keeping my shop up and running, I made around $575 for 50 hours of work. Not big money even though the piece was very expensive.

I make more as an elementary principal. Plus, as long as it's not a business for me, I can pick and choose what I work on.

Thanks for the kind words. Didn't mean to highjack the thread.
Scot

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Is that you, boss? :D

Winicki would always be on at work...but they don't have an internet connection at Dunkin Donuts.

You had better not be ripping Dunkin Donuts cos them be fightin words! :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have my own businesses because I'm basically unemployable. If the computer is on this site isn't far away.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I work out of my home office. So I'm either here in front of the computer, or I'm out soliciting business from my mortgage broker's. My company provides me with a blackberry device so I can get my e-mail while I'm on the road... unfortunately, I can't visit the Zone on it though.

So, anytime I'm home (3-5 days/week + Sat and Sun) I have a window open here. Usually, Wed and Thursday are the only two days I'm out driving around... So most of the time, I'm keeping an eye on this site.

Scotman... Very, very nice work there... I'd kill to be able to build something like that. My wifey would keep me working around the clock, lol.