OT---Positive Steroids Test

bsheeern

Reaction score
I know this is off Topic and will be moved but in my mind it's major sports news and thought you all would want to see it!!!!!

Source says Palmeiro will be suspended
ESPN.com news services
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2121659
Updated: Aug. 1, 2005, 12:35 PM ET

Baltimore Orioles first baseman Rafael Palmeiro will be suspended by Major League Baseball for violating the league's steroids policy, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney has confirmed with a league source.

Palmeiro, who recently got his 3,000th career hit, was noted for his emotional denial of steroid use before a Congressional panel in March, would be the latest player suspended under the league's new drug policy.

The image of Palmeiro taking a sweet swing from the left side of the plate has been replaced in some minds by the sight of him testifying before a House committee investigating steroids in baseball.

The hearing included testimony from Jose Canseco, who in his book cited Palmeiro and several other players as steroid users. Palmeiro emphatically denies using the performance-enhancing drug, but the Baltimore Orioles' first baseman can't deny how perceptions have changed. "In my opinion, everyone that plays baseball in this era has been tainted," Palmeiro said during spring training. "Not just the people that he has named in the book, I think this whole era over the last 10, 15 or 20 years has been tainted. Regardless of whether you did or you didn't do anything, this whole era will have that label."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Man i knew those 24 HR in HR derby couldnt have been clean, i mean 24 in the first round come on

bsheeern

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Man i knew those 24 HR in HR derby couldnt have been clean, i mean 24 in the first round come on
That was Bobby Abreau from the Phillies if your talking this year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
So, Jose Canseco was right. I bet he will be looking for an public apology. Palmeiro never looked like a guy on roids. He does look bigger now than when he started, but nothing like the transformations undergone by Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire. To me, this is huge and I don't follow baseball that much any more.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
This will almost kill Palmerio's chances of making it to the Hall, he really has his work cut out for him.

I still wouldn't apologize to Canseco, guy waited until he was out of the league then wrote a book exposing the guys he introduced to steroids...I dunno, while I believe he was telling the truth (Especially when you see how much weight Pudge has lost and Juan Gonzalez can'e stay healthy) to me it's wrong to drag their names in the mud and rip MLB just to sell more books.