OT: The Cardinals

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Watching Larry Fitzgerald on the Best Damn Sport Show just made me realize how scary the Cardinals offensively are going to be in the future. Denny Green all ready has a Minnesota-like explosive offense. He's got Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, a good running back, offensive line and a QB that has a lot of potential. The only thing they're missing right now is an explosive 3rd receiver like Ahz Hakim in the slot. They need that little speedster in the slot that can do some serious damage down the field. If they get some production in the slot they're going to be a tough team

Just getting Larry Fitzgerald turned them around BIG TIME!!!

It's only a matter of time when this unit starts causing nightmares for opposing defenses. I don't think they'll be that good this year but I see them kind of like the spoiler team, a team that may shock a few teams here and there. You can't sleep on these guys.

Arizona may actually be good next year.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tenkamenin said:
Watching Larry Fitzgerald on the Best Damn Sport Show just made me realize how scary the Cardinals offensively are going to be in the future. Denny Green all ready has a Minnesota-like explosive offense. He's got Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, a good running back, offensive line and a QB that has a lot of potential. The only thing they're missing right now is an explosive 3rd receiver like Ahz Hakim in the slot. They need that little speedster in the slot that can do some serious damage down the field. If they get some production in the slot they're going to be a tough team

Just getting Larry Fitzgerald turned them around BIG TIME!!!

It's only a matter of time when this unit starts causing nightmares for opposing defenses. I don't think they'll be that good this year but I see them kind of like the spoiler team, a team that may shock a few teams here and there. You can't sleep on these guys.

Arizona may actually be good next year.

They actually got Bryant Johnson at WR last year...drafted him higher then they did Boldin.

I am not sure how good he was as I did not see many of the Cardinals games.

AtlCB

Reaction score
The Cardinals will still find a way to screw it up.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
They actually got Bryant Johnson at WR last year...drafted him higher then they did Boldin.

I am not sure how good he was as I did not see many of the Cardinals games.
He was their first round pick last year, he wasn't as good as Boldin but he was decent...Now all they need is a defense...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He was their first round pick last year, he wasn't as good as Boldin but he was decent...Now all they need is a defense...

And a quarterback and a running back. But they are stacked at WR.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Danny White said:
And a quarterback and a running back. But they are stacked at WR.
Josh McCown and Shipp are fine. From what I have seen from McCown, he is decent/good but you don't hear anything of him because he plays in Arizona.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Josh McCown and Shipp are fine. From what I have seen from McCown, he is decent/good but you don't hear anything of him because he plays in Arizona.

I have heard he has some potential...but who really knows.

However I have also heard that Denny Green just named Emmitt Smith as the #1 back after the mini-camp.

I am not sure if Emmitt just looked that good, or if Shipp looked that bad.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have heard he has some potential...but who really knows.

However I have also heard that Denny Green just named Emmitt Smith as the #1 back after the mini-camp.

I am not sure if Emmitt just looked that good, or if Shipp looked that bad.
Emmitt Smith is a top 5 rusher of all time, it might be just a sign of respect to show that it is his job to loose, not Shipps. I don't think he will be the starter when the season starts.

I think that Green's reluctance to sign a starting QB shows that he has faith in McCown, and I trust his judgement. He also let go their best back up and got Shaun King.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Emmitt Smith is a top 5 rusher of all time, it might be just a sign of respect to show that it is his job to loose, not Shipps. I don't think he will be the starter when the season starts.

I think that Green's reluctance to sign a starting QB shows that he has faith in McCown, and I trust his judgement. He also let go their best back up and got Shaun King.

Actually prior to the camps Denny had said that Marcell was going to be the starter and Emmitt would be the backup.

So something changed his mind.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Actually prior to the camps Denny had said that Marcell was going to be the starter and Emmitt would be the backup.

So something changed his mind.
I hope he starts this year and plays well, I just don't think he will...Unless the Cardnials think that they will be contenders this year. With Green, I don't think that that is impossible.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Cardinals | Green Comments on Reasons for Promoting Smith - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:12:21 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green said the main reason he wants RB Emmitt Smith as the team's starting tailback is because Smith is a better fit in the team's three-receiver formation on offense. Smith, according to Green, has the ability to find seams and that works well if a defense overloads with DBs to cover the team's trio of receivers.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
They have 3 recievers who could be all pro...Look out for them this year...